Sunday, February 12, 2006

Divide and Conquer


Goal accomplished! I finished the leg of the first sock. Stitches are divided and ready for heel flap. I am getting better at knitting with 2 circs, though I think part of the problem is that these are a tad too long. Pattern is fairly easy to memorize but I musn't get cocky. I did have to frog a couple of stitches because I wasn't paying attention. Dangnabbit!


Ah, those damn right and left twists. The beauty of handknit, they never look even. I noticed that the socks pictured in Weekend Knitting are different. Obviously the length and color are different, but I believe the lavendar pair are missing the knit twists. And I know why, they are a pain in the ass and definitely slow things down! Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but I am fairly certain that those stitches were omitted.

Anyhoo, this snowy day proved to be a great knitting day. I knit and knit and knit and I think I have myself on schedule...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good there. That yarn looks pretty good too. You're making excellent progress.
Necia

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home