Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Flap, A Flap, Ballchange


After several emails back and forth with Sockaholic last night, I finished both heel flaps. It's not like they are that difficult (except of course, those durn right & left twists continue down the heel), but I kept messing up my edge slip stitches. It may be too soon to say for sure, I don't want to pull a Lindsey Jacobellis or anything, but I do feel a gold medal finish coming on.

Previous post - I failed to mention the yarn for the wrist warmers! It is Flilatura Di Crosa's Zara, 100% merino. I've had it in my stash for awhile. Makes GREAT baby blankets. My socks are being made out of Opal yarn. The color is showing inconsistently in the photos. It is actually a blue/green, but the photos make them look very grey! I will take a better picture in daylight when they are finished.

The Olympic Timer came from here.


I have a button! (Thank you darling boyfriend!) Go ahead...link me...



6 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh, I have been wanting to try Zara, it sounds so nice. I love your socks, they are such a pretty pattern.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Lovely socks! I still need to finish mine...

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking really good. Looks like you're a head of schedule. Go Team Sit N Knit. I'm pretty sure I should be all squared a way in the next day or two too.

Necia

1:07 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Those are looking really nice.

p.s. my verification word is ouiid
oui id! Yes, Id! en francais.
Just ignore me: I like to try to make something out of the nonsense words.

11:36 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I love those socks; they look great. What pattern are you using?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Your button rules! I wish I had a button...

Great socks!!!!!

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home