Sunday, January 13, 2008

Speak My Language

I understand that all the weaving mumbo jumbo doesn't exactly compel many of you to read my blog. To paraphrase an already succinct comment by Minty, "Greek Greek Greek Greek Greek Greek pretty weaving picture Greek Greek Greek Greek Greek Greek pretty weaving picture Greek Greek Greek Greek..."

Here's some knitting:


UFO's of 2007. I started these Widdershins (knit with Austermann Step) during the summer. They follow the rule of always having a pair of socks on the needles which is a good thing. The not so good thing is that they were rarely worked on. I have finally gotten through the heel and am enjoying finishing these. Any day now.


And speaking of heel, I figure once I finish the trees on Cashew's stocking, the heel and foot will fly. If only I can finish up those darn trees. Any day now.


Wondering why that doesn't look familiar? That's because it's from 2006! Brooke's Column of Leaves Scarf was put on the back burner, officially hibernating on Ravelry. Every now and then I pull it out and work on a pattern repeat or two. I have every intention of finishing it. I love the colors, I love the yarn (Brooks Farm Acero) I just don't have any deadline for it. So this probably won't be finished any day soon.

Babette? Yah, yah, yah.

11 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

The scarf is lovely, I can see why you are determined to finish it.

9:23 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

Scarf=pretty, sock=nifty, stocking=um...is Santa making a gun with his fingers?

9:22 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

hahaha, that greek comment cracks me up :) that's totally how i feel.. very pretty but i don't understand weaving at all! i love that scarf project you're working on. the yarn is lovely.

10:43 AM  
Blogger lomester said...

If it had not been for chemgrrl I would have not noticed the gun fingers! :) I think its so brave you are doing that stocking - it's l0oking great!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it'll be a nice scarf :)
Also, thank you for lots of yarn - at least I suspect it's muchly due to your influence that I keep receiving packets from mom with bundles of wool... Haven't managed to start with anything yet (finishing up some mittens first), but I thought I'd say thanks anyway.

In case you don't have enough to do, I'll give you links to a neat Finn heritage pattern (or more like photos, as I can't find a pattern anywhere, even in Finnish). It's the "Kainuu mitt". Here's a tiny pic of how they should look like:
http://tupasvillaa.blogspot.com/2006/05/asiaan.html

And a big pic that shows the pattern but also has some modifications made:
http://bp0.blogger.com/_NdipT5DU_y8/R1qEXz1xUeI/AAAAAAAAAbk/e8NRuFnGGy4/s1600-h/kasityo+024.jpg

Happy heritage knitting ;)

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna see babette! That stocking is too, too cute.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Hey, I remember that scarf. Red Scarf Project right?

Thank you for writing something we can understand.

9:20 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Minty cracks me up!! You've got some good wip knitting going, love that scarf.

11:10 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I admit, I also skim your weaving posts a bit, but I like looking at your projects! And it always sounds kind of magical with the warp and the shed and the bobbins. I hear the Charlie Brown teacher voice in my head during the technical weaving stuff, "Wah wah wah wah wah" pretty picture "Wah wah wah" pretty picture. But I still enjoy the posts!

I love Column of Leaves. Gorgeous. Good for you for pulling out such an old WIP. And Widdershins looks great.

The stocking is looking lovely!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Those are some nice looking UFO's! I'm sure you will get around to finishing them someday : ) Your dishtowels are such a pretty pattern... I will have to try weaving sometime so that I can get over my "oh my gosh, look at all those strings!" issues : )

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

The UFOs look good, but I'm always impressed that you have that honkin huge loom in a NYC apt. AND that tiny little creature. Which one takes up more space? ;)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home