Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Warm and Fuzzy


Another FO! Whipped out in a hurry for a very special party. This past weekend was the 3rd Annual Sit 'n' Knit Holiday Party. It gets bigger and better every year! I was very happy with the positive response (60 RSVP's in 24 hours!) and the party was a blast. Of course, having an open bar helps. I mentioned that it was a PARTY, right?

Every year we have had a gift exchange, the rule being that the item must be handmade and the yarn from your stash. I have had some burgundy Malabrigo lingering in the wings and have been eyeing Minty's Bainbridge Scarf. It was a delightful knit! I modified for my yarn by casting 130 stitches and otherwise followed as written.

The gift exchange was a lot of fun and had more variety this year. Scarves, neckwarmers, washcloths, fingerless mitts, Haagen Daz cozies, heck, even thrummed mittens! I received a lovely alpaca/silk scarf and I was tickled that my Bainbridge matched the recipients' eyeglasses perfectly.

This year has been a challenge with being pregnant and having a baby and adjusting to life with a baby. I have struggled to keep organizing Sit 'n' Knit through all the adjustments. Many members picked up the slack by guest hosting and initiating events and suggesting venues. Thank you!!! It has meant so much to me to hear how much the group means to others. I love the color and variety of the personalities that come together for the sake of good times and yarn. It's like the most beautiful variegated yarn knit into a very warm and fuzzy scarf. I am honored to call the members of Sit 'n' Knit my friends!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh, the little scarfie is so cute! Add another to the "when I can knit for myself again" list.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's a great scarf! I like the color too. Sounds like you had a great party!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

love love love the scarf neck warmer!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Necia said...

That scarf is HAWT! To the q it goes! I feel bad I haven't made one event this year, maybe next year will be a better year for me. Maybe I should move back to NY, lol.

Necia

9:39 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

glad to hear that the party was a success! knitting groups are the best :) love the bainbridge. it's such a fun and simple pattern.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

The scarf is lovely, and the party sounds like it was a blast.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds lovely! And, I love your scarf.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Tawana said...

I know I had a great time, even being sick. I am loving that scarf. i was going to make the pidgie but now I think I am going to make that one instead. Oh the choices. What to do? What to do?

6:25 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

first of all the neck warmer is wonderful. it must have been hard to give away... I am so sorry to have missed the party! your post made me tear up. it is such a cool group, and you are an awesome commander in yarn!
thanks AM for all your fiber NYC love!
:-)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Shameka said...

This is my first year that I really got involved in cyber-knit world, and I am so happy to be a part of the Sit N Knit group. I am honored to call you my friend as well. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. And no matter how crazy life with a baby can get, you never let us see you sweat.
This was the best holiday party that I have been to this year. I can't wait for the next one.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Awwwwwww. Shame on you for getting all mushy on us, what happened to the title "Fearless Leader". Well I guess that still applies because you are pretty much fearless (tried spinning not once but twice and took over my wheel like it stole something from you).

I had another wonderful year with Sit N Knit and we all thank you so much for the the time and effort you put into this group *group hug*

I was planning on making a bainbridge for the holiday party also but I procrastinated too long. I do still plan on making one for myself though. Yours reminds me of how much I like the pattern.

12:18 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

and a great party it was, too! :) You looked just beautiful in your brand new sweater and you made the party a whole lot of fun.

10:48 AM  
Blogger nicolina said...

yeah you're my friend! yeah i'm your friend! oh, i loved the party and love knitting with you. bring on 2008!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I missed the party. But I'm super thrilled that you knit the Bainbridge scarf!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home