Monday, December 17, 2007

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty!


La, la la la la la la, la, la la! At last, Juliet is complete! I started this back in October in hopes of wearing it to the NYS Sheep & Wool Festival. But that didn't happen. And then I thought I could finish it in time for Tawana's baby shower. But that didn't happen. And finally, I was determined that I would have it done in time to wear to the Sit 'n' Knit Holiday Party and by golly, that happened!

So why was I so slow? Well, life with a baby cuts into knitting time. That and I kinda fell out of love with this project. I am not fan of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. (Here's why.) I started second guessing the style for my figure. I was worried that it was going to be too baggy because of a small error I made. And then I finished it. AND I LOVE IT! More than I thought I would. Finally, a sweater I made that I will wear in public!


After perusing the Juliet's on Ravelry and learning that this sweater tends to run big, I decided to make the XS. I did an extra set of increases at the arm holes, which in the end, I probably didn't need to do. My mistake came when working down the body after the arm holes. I forgot to decrease to get back to the correct number of stitches. Thankfully, I was only over by 4 stitches. Even so, 4 stitches is practically an inch at this gauge. I was in too much of a rush with various deadlines to get this puppy done, so I was not going to fiddle with the math for the lace bit. So I just added the extra stitches to the edge, making the border 5 garter stitches as opposed to 3. It worked out pretty well, though I thought the body was going to end up as big as a ball gown. I haven't blocked it yet, so we'll see what happens.


The buttons are from Tender Buttons. I had a bunch of different buttons laid out on a table at the store and this guy walks by and points to the ones in the photo above and said "I like those." and walked away. I immediately put the other buttons away and purchased these lovelies. Sometimes you just need someone else to make the decision for you. Thanks, man!

As for the scarf from my other post, no, it was not for the Sit 'n' Knit Gift Exchange. My clue was subtle, but I thought for sure that my mom would get the hint. (She didn't. "Blueberries? Who's in Maine?") The scarf was sent off to Helga in Finland! As for the Sit 'n' Knit party, it was a blast. I have a whole separate blog post for that one!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Bertha said...

Well that certainly turned out awesome.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Shameka said...

So, Tawana and I both think that the Juliet sweater is absolutely gorgeous. Don't even worry about the knitting deadline. It looks awesome on you!!!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely lovely!!! It looks great on you.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh, that looks really, really cute.

10:47 PM  
Blogger maitai said...

and i pity, any girl who isn't me tonight!!!!

it looks lovely! congrats!

11:52 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

looks great!!!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's perfect on you - very flattering.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

I LOVE this sweater. Okay you have inspired me to knit this straight away after Christmas.

10:23 AM  
Blogger rockbridge said...

and it looks so pretty!! great job - the color and the fit are both wonderful on you!

11:22 AM  
Blogger mames said...

that is so pretty, annie. looks lovely on you.

1:30 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, gorgeous!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Great Juliet - I love the color of the yarn you used. I've actually worn mine several times since I've finished the pattern. It is the first sweater I've completed that looked good enough to wear in public :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Love the sweater! It looks great on you, and the buttons were a good choice. I think I might have to make one for myself!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

He knows his buttons, those are great! And the sweater looks perfect on you. Juliet is a great pattern.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

It looks wonderful on you! Lovely : )

1:41 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i love it! it turned out great :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, yours turned out so cute!! The color is perfect on you!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really does suit you so well! great job, Anne-Marie.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

I love your Juliet! I also really like the top you're wearing under it. Finding something to wear mine with has been a challenge.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home