Friday, December 28, 2007

Non-Knitters Can Rule, Too


Alas, Cashew's stocking did not get finished. I made it to the ankle, and on the 22nd we realized we still didn't have a tree, and with family coming on the 23rd, time was tight. I could finish it, but only if I was locked in a room with snacks and all 6 seasons of Sex in the City. Obviously, that wasn't an option. Luckily, Cashew won't get the whole Christmas thing for a couple more years yet. And therefore, I still rule as the cool Mommy who handknit a stocking for her kiddo. Ok, I intend to finish the sock this week, but am taking a small break to finish some other projects. All this finishing is very difficult after receiving this gift below from Hotty Hubby. It's "Knit Me" Noro Kureyon Sock yarn!


"I know you said you only wanted one skein, but I got you two."

Isn't amazing how a non-knitter can get it? I mean, just really get it? Wait 'til I tell you what my FIL did...

14 Comments:

Blogger Operakatz said...

OMG Cashew is the most cutest gorgimous wee clone ever! gaaaah those cheeks!

7:56 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

she looks great as an elf!!
score with the NSY!! can't wait to see it in action. where did he get it?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

OMG! I WANT TO PINCH HER SWEET LITTLE BABY CHEEKS! I totally miss that baby stage..sniff.

Love the yarn.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

I love Cashew's hat, she's has such style.

Great Christmas gift, your hubbie's a keeper!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, that is the cutest photo of Anastasia I've ever seen. I want to eat her up!

8:49 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

That is truly an adorable photo of the cashew!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Cashew is so cute! That's a great hat.

Hotty Hubby gets a gold star, that's beautiful yarn!

8:37 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

ooooh, i've heard of this sock yarn! i can't wait to see it knit up.

cashew is so adorable in that pic. those cheeks!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I.am.so.jealous. That means you can participate in Socktober & Norovember at the same time!

Cashew is just adorable and lookin' more and more like hottie hubbie every time I see her.

7:49 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Does your husband have a brother? Oh wait, I'm already married. In that case, does your husband give lessons? Mine's pretty good, but could always use a tweak here and there. :)

P.S. Happy new year!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cashewww, bless you! I think I have that same colorway in Noro--I've already cast on for socks. Happy 2008!

6:25 PM  
Blogger mames said...

can you please put your daughter on a plane to california so i can kiss her cheeks? hers rival my baby boy owen's..they can have a cheek off. sorry, zoolander reference. the sock yarn is pretty nice too, but the cheeks....

11:34 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

That hat is the cutest! And that husband of yours is very smart. This buy two just because thing is a policy he should share with all husbands.

5:10 PM  
Blogger tinart said...

Your knitting is wonderful and even more beautiful is that little girl of yours. I used to knit, but never created anything as adorable as what you have done. Make sure you save one of the things you have made for Anastasia along with a photo of her in it for when she is older...she will treasure it. Great site!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home