Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Bedroom Scene


Hot Boyfriend: Baby, see this, I have your yarn!

Annie: (wiping sleep from eyes) Huh? What yarn is that?

Hot Boyfriend: I don't know, blueish greenish.

Annie: Is it connected to a sock???

Hot Boyfriend: I don't know, I don't see one.

Annie: You don't see one???

Hot Boyfriend: (moves to dining room)Yes it is connected to a sock. And here's your yarn. (hands Annie a blue green blob) (Goes on to pet the Abbysinian cat, congratulating the little tart for killing the savage sock beast)

THE END.


Not exactly the romantic Tuesday morning wake-up I was hoping for. My sock survived. Mind you, this is my Knitting Olympics project. I would have had a melt down if my sock was destroyed. You killed Kenny!

12 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

It's a tragic tale, but I'm glad the sock survived it!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Do you still have a sock attached to all of that yarn?

Necia

11:27 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yep, still attached....at least for now...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

So, who exactly is the small furry monster in your house? I think you have 3 choices...

11:39 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

So happy to see that the sock wasn't mangled! That's a nasty tangle of yarn to sort out, though!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blogg. Good luck with the knitting olympics. I understand your cat is doing what he can to help you :-)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh no! That is awful, bad, bad kitty. What a mess to untangle, I am glad the sock survived.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I feel your pain sister! My dog did this to me last week. The little bugger somehow got into my knitting bag and dragged the yarn out.

6:54 PM  
Blogger SoberHope said...

I love those socks. They are freaking gorgeous!

Men should learn tangled, strewn yarn is like a crime scene. Don't touch the first fiber, just come get me. Don't help or pick up 'the mess' just come get me. I'll take care of it. You just go sit on the couch and scratch your balls or something.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I freak out every time a cat gets near my knitting. My boys are usually pretty good about it, but I've had to resort to some pretty creative storage methods - there are projects stashed all over the apartment!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

YIKES! Sorry to hear that!

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO. I love how your boyfriend just prances away and congratulates the cat. Mine does that too whenever my dog does some incredibly stupid thing that causes me grief. My dog is mentally a cat, kind of like a transsexual, but a transspecies. If I'm knitting and he's bored (and I'm just learning knitting so disasters are apocalyptic for me), he grabs the ball of yarn and takes off, ripping off the last handful of stitches I did. I think my boyfriend puts him up to it. sigh. :P

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home