Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm an FO Ho!


Well, look at that! Another FO. Go me. Cashew isn't quite ready for her hardcore winter hats that Grandma brought from Finland, and her other little cream cap is too small. Thank goodness Mommy can knit. How ever could this bumpkin continue on the cuteness factor without a sweet little bonnet?


Baby Bonnet from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. Yarn is Morehouse Merino, I am not sure what colorway. Natural and more natural? Anyhoo, I got gauge, it's soft and warm and is cute to boot. My only modification was to add a couple extra rows of garter stitch to the bottom edge to sufficiently cover Cashew's ears and get a little more wear out of it as her noggin grows. My favorite part is the i-cord edging. I can't believe that this is my first time doing an i-cord edge. It is so cool! It's neat looking and easy-peasy. So adding that to the Annie Book of Knowledge to pull out next time I want to get all fancy with my knitting.

And speaking of fancy knitting, I have a couple more projects to finish before I can get to work on Cashew's Christmas stocking. So many stitches...so little time...

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. What a cutie pie! That bonnet is adorable on her.

: )

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww the cuteness! the bonnet is supersweet; i love the naturals.

3:09 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

What *is* it with you and the cute things. Are you trying to make my ovaries explode? Sigh.

Love the bonnet. I made one of those once, wasn't it so fun?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Very cute! (so's the sweater from your previous post)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Necia said...

Annie,

What color are her eyes. They are gawjus. Whose side are they from. That hat just makes her all the more cute! Aw, I really could use a little girl in my life.

Necia

6:57 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

cutie patootie! And that little cap's not bad either. ;)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Shameka said...

America's Next Top "baby" Model. What an adorable sweet thing. The bonnett looks wonderful too. I may just have to make one for my little cousin who will be here in time for christmas. Oh, another knit to add to the list that never dwindles.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Adorable!!

Yes, it helps to be so handy :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

How cute is she? Makesme want to pinch those chubby little cheeks.

9:59 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

look at those cheeks! what a cutie. that hat is a great idea. i'm waiting for my little girl to grow into the one i just made for her :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

What a perfect little knit on a perfect girl - she looks adorable.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks terrific in her hat! I will say I doubt she'll ever have any problem pulling off the cuteness, in anything. :)

And she looks fantastic in her pink sweater too!! It's a shame the handknits can't just grow along with her.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so adorable!!!

Rosicel

9:33 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, so cute! I love i-cord edging. I found it totally addictive after the first try.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home