Tuesday, December 05, 2006

'Tis the Season for Knitting


So many projects....so little time. I am trying to finish up Baby's First Tattoo from Stitch n' Bitch Nation. It's a little frustrating, between how the pattern is written (kinda sloppy in my opinion) and my placenta brain, there are some odd issues that will hopefully turn out okay.


I am ready to seam, so I'm hoping my mistake with the neckline (I decreased every other row instead of every row, which gives more of a V-neck) turns out okay, and the shoulder pieces will hopefully match up... my gauge width wise is fine, but row gauge is off... must...finish...


Here is Hotty Hubby's scarf. I want to give it to him for Christmas, though he already knows about it. This is the fourth scarf I have made for him and possibly the last. He never wears them! This scarf is SO him but he just...forgets. I do have some socks to post about, but I can't tear those off his feet. He pulls them out of the dirty laundry he loves them so much. So from now on I will knit him socks.


I really like this pattern, it is reversible and works well with variegated yarn. This is another find from Rhinebeck, it's Brook's Farm. The pattern is Yarn Harlot's One Row Handspun Scarf. Hey, if he won't wear it, I will!


I have to hurry up and finish these projects so I can get started on other gifts. This yarn is destined to be a pair of luxurious Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays. They will be so hard to give away...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hubby scarf. The baby sweater is precious. I'm sure it will all fit together in the end :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the baby sweater when it's finished, it looks beautiful. I can't understand why he won't wear that scarf, I would! :-)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you know he loves the socks, so it's not just an aversion to knitted things! baby will love the sweater, too :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

and she's BACK! ya' knitting away. don't worry about the baby sweater fitting perfectly, it will be fine.
and some projects are so wonderful, you have to make some for yourself too!!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of those men too. Asks for lots of knits--conveniently never seems to wear them, lol.

The baby sweater is coming out beautifully, and those are going to be some LUSCIOUS log cabin socks!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

That baby sweater is looking great, soooooooo cute. And I love the scarf, Mr. B. is the same way about the scarves I've made, loves his socks though.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Your projects look great. I love the colors you chose for the baby sweater, you always pick lovely greens. And I don't know how you are going to give those socks away, doesn't an expectant mother deserve some luxury on her feet?

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home