Friday, September 29, 2006

Stress Relief Comes From the Repetitive Motion of Weaving


I'm no expert on tweed, but this Kathmandu Aran is delicious. 85% wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere. Sorry Hila. (hee hee!) Green is such a tricky color to photograph, so take my word for it. The color is soft without being too minty or too sagey. I love it.


My future distowels! Again, the green doesn't look all that distinctive, and I am not sure about how they work together. (The green on the left is more sage/gray, the cones on the right are more mint).


After some tips from my pal Judy, I decided to have a go at the last bit of the gamp. The end is in sight!


It seems that way for my terrace, too. But of course, the end is never in sight for this project.


A week ago the drain outside (remember all the debris and equipment that was dumped for months on end?) finally flooded the terrace so badly it flooded right into our apartment. The floor is buckling along the whole length of our living room. They need to rip out our entire living room floor and glue on new wood, different floor from the other two rooms in our apartment, of course. And the broken window? Still not fixed.

We've called. We've been nice. We've been not nice. We have a number for a lawyer.

Have I mentioned that I'm pregnant and getting married in two months?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ugh what a frustrating time to be dealing with the apartment issues...

your weaving is beautiful, though.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Annie, when it rains it pours. House stuff sucks, but just try to remember that it is all inconvenience. Nothing more. At least that's what I tried to do when I was in renovation hell.

Hang in there and organize your drawers to satisfy that need to nest.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, getting married too. Congratulations! How are u doing all these meetups while reading on motherhood, and planning a wedding? Super woman huh?

Necia

3:57 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I knew it! the consiparcy to make me tweed... between you and Dave's new ideas (Tweeding Along ... http://tweedingalong.blogspot.com/ )
I am doomed!!
make sure to request a sub-flooring when they fix your floor, it'll never squeek.

6:00 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Lovely yarn, weaving is looking great, so sorry to hear about your flood and most importantly. CONGRATULATIONS on the baby and upcoming marriage (can't believe how yous snuck the news in at the end of your post)!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Nice little bomb you dropped at the end--a wedding!!!Hope you're not booking the terrace for the event.(!)My condolences on the floor--it's one thing when it's a voluntary redo and quite another when it's not. Baby, wedding, remodel--deep breaths.

10:59 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

So sorry about the flooding/patio situation! Oh, yuck. I'm glad you have all the lovely tweedy goodness to distract you from it...

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used the Kathmandu dk, and it is a really lovely yarn. Looking forward to seeing what you knit with it---that is when you have time. Getting married too?! CONGRATS ANNIE!!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathe, just breathe. Congrats on the nuptuals!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I'm sorry to hear about your floor. It's good you've got a source of stress relief :-)

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting married and all that.
I totally feel your pain with the floor deal. Same thing happened to me..twice..in the same week. A leaky AC unit caused the floor tiles in the living room to buckle (same tiles as you) and a busted pipe in the wall caused the crappy floor in the bedroom (larger wood tiles) to um...well..unstick and get moldy.
Doesn't really matter what the problem is, it sux being a renter and at the mercy of the building managment. :-(
They will never fix it the way you want it..they will always fix it the cheapest way possible. Your best solution is to stop wasting the bread and just buy a place...you dig?
My ultimate solution is just to replace the floors with some combo of new laminate floor and carpet.

11:32 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about all the apartment troubles! What a stinker!

Congrats on the baby and the marriage! Wooo hooO!!

(and I love the tweed)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home