Monday, August 28, 2006

Back Home


I'm back from a vacation that was way too short! I did finally start the Embossed Leaves socks (Interweave Knits Winter 2005) though I did the majority of the knitting on the plane ride home.


And yes Hila, we were in Bermuda! It's our favorite beach getaway and we had a lovely time doing pretty much nothing.


I got home and there was the next installment of the Petals Collection waiting for me! Hydrangea is the flower and the yarn looks yummy. I may not start these yet, as I still haven't finished Calla Lily...plus so many other little projects to finish up.

And yes, there is the rare cat-yarn picture. Goosh is our older cat, and she seemed so happy laying there that I didn't have the heart to give her the boot. She likes to lay on things. Anything, really.

Off to unpack, sort laundry and take care of a week's worth of dust...

10 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

Did you do the tubular cast-on with the Embossed Leaves? I have the perfect Lorna's Laces in my stash, but I am a little intimidated by the tubular cast-on. If you did it, was it as fiddly as it looks? The cast-on edge does look lovely.

2:47 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

So glad you had a great time! Those socks look great!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Welcome back, I'm glad to hear you had a great time. When I see the wonderful pictures I can really understand you like it there :-)

3:02 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good trip, and the embossed leaves socks are looking really lovely.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from vacation! Lovely color choice for the embossed leaves, looks like you got quite a bit done.

What a great name for your kitty! She looks very content and glad you didn't give her the boot. :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I love Bermuda, great gimlets.Glad you got some r&r, just in time for Ernesto!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I'm still reeling with jealousy over your beautiful vacation!

11:39 PM  
Blogger jae said...

Nice lookin start to socks...Nice to know you had no problem with carrying the needles on the plane
with the heightened security.
jae

5:24 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, embossed leaves look awesome! I love that color.

Ah, Goosh is such a sweetie. I wouldn't be able to kick her out, either.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Oh man...I really missed out on that Sundara flower sock yarn waaaaaah LOL LOVE the Hydrangea...love the start on the embossed leaves sock...

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home