Sunday, September 17, 2006

Obsession Is Normal


So, Saturday night I went with my dear (blogless) friend Rachel to hear Stephanie Yarn Harlot Stephanie speak at the Park Slope Barnes & Noble. I am actually sitting way in the back. Thank goodness for the zoom button. She is as funny in person as she is in her books and on her blog. I was really looking forward to meeting her, but the event ran late and our respective muggles were waiting for us to have dinner at Long Tan. Hunger in the early months of pregnancy is a blessed thing and I was starving. The line to meet Stephanie was long, and I wasn't pregnant enough to bust to the front of the line. Phooey.


But alas! I arrive at the Knit-Out today and there is Stephanie at the author's table and the line is SHORT. I was pleased as punch to rattle on about my glee at knitting socks for the first time for the Knitting Olympics (she even checked them out), incubating a future knitter and told her about Project Knitaway. Cuz hey, knitting can be considered a sport!


I even got a sock picture! Yes, it's these sort of moments that make my little world go 'round. (I was ready to knock the teeth out of the woman who interrupted my moment so she could oggle over Stephanie and in the process shout in my ear to prove that she was really down with her. It's my turn to oggle, lady! Get in line.) But thank you to the other woman who offered to take this picture for me. You are a kindred spirit, maybe because we share the same name?

Later I met up with my Sit n' Knit buddies to knit in the great outdoors and enjoy the day. It was great to see my blogging buddies, Hila, Necia, Tawana & Jen/Julian. Plus I met many of our new members and overall, had a great afternoon.


Good times, good times.

9 Comments:

Blogger schrodinger said...

Wow, looks like you really lucked out meeting the Yarn Harlot, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Great sock pic!

10:39 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

Good times, good times indeed!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

you got to be in a sock picture?! That's awesome!

and obsession is totally normal...

12:54 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

So great meeting you yesterday. I can't wait to try the spinning tips I picked up from Christina. Great sock pic! When I work on my blog this afternoon, I'll add a link to your page. See ya next time.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend :-) I'm very pleased to hear that obsession is normal :-)

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I would love to meet her. You definately had a great time!

10:52 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Looks like a great time!

Heh heh. "Muggles." I have to remember that for when I'm going on about knitting and my husband is trying to be nice but glazing over.

1:32 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

Good to hear that obsession is okay!

Lucky you meeting the Yarn Harlot!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool that you could meet Stephanie. I was supposed to go to the Brooklyn event, but unfortunately I had a major headache. Oh well, i had fun at the Sit n' Knit and can't wait for the next one.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home