Sunday, July 08, 2007

Together at Last


Is Cashew in awe? Is she in shock? Does she merely have to poop? Who knows for sure. One thing that is for sure is that Curlicue is done! Off the needles! No longer in a pile by the knitting chair! Grab that flask and take a celebratory swig!


There it is in all it's glory. It's a bit rumpled in the photo, but it did block very nicely. A tad tricky to photograph, so it may not be as creative as yesterday's salad but at least it's a full view.

So the technical knitter stuff: The pattern is Curlicue Coverlet by Oat Couture. I used Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Dusty Sage. I started this blanket mid-winter with hopes of finishing in early March before Cashew was born. Swollen fingers kept that from happening, and any remaining knitting was done during naps, bedtime and walks to the park. It was finally completed in late June. My modification was to do a provisional cast on. Instead of seaming the blanket, I kept the stitches live on the last section, picked up the stitches from the cast on, picked up stitches past the cast on (makes sense when you are working on this blanket), picked up a couple stitches in the center to close the hole and did a 3 needle bind off. Over all it is a fairly easy blanket to knit. The sections go by fast because they are all short rows. The pattern is easy to memorize. I was able to do it with Placenta Brain AND New Mommy Brain. That, in my opinion, is quite something.

So now I can finally move on to something else. I have so many beautiful yarns in my stash, I have decided to have fun with stash busting. Must make room for Rhinebeck!

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

Blogger Margot said...

Very pretty Curlicue! Love the color and bebe looks darling modeling it.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

What a lucky baby to have such a gorgeous blanket. I also love the color, especially for a girl.

I just hope that she does not chew her blanket and stick it to her nose like my 4 year old does with his "Holey Softie". More like disgusting rag...Thank God it is from Lands End!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I love that! It's just beautiful. And the baby too, of course! Gorgeous on both counts.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable!

5:47 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

you did it!!! it looks soft and welcoming! well worth the long wait.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations on finishing! It looks like it was cute enough to be worth all the time you put into it :) Very pretty!

7:59 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Wow! I didn't really "see" the pattern while you were making it but now that it's done it is absolutely stunning. And the blanket is pretty cute too.... heh heh.

Well done, it's beautiful.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow! i'm so impressed! curlicue is absolutely gorgeous and thus matches your gorgeous baby perfectly.

9:27 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

It looks fantastic!! Well done on finishing it, it was quite the feat.

10:04 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

Huzzah! It looks fantastic. And I'll be joining you in stash-busting. All new projects _must_ come from the stash...all new projects must...

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get.Out. You knit that while having an infant in the house. I stand in awe! Lovely. Just lovely.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Gorgeous! The little cashew AND Curlicue!!! :)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

OMG, how cute. I'm glad you had a game plan and stuck to it. I'll just go hang my head in shame because I still have a crocheted blanket somewhere that I started when I was pregnant with the little one. I won't embarass myself any further by stating how old he is, K ;-)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Secretly your genius baby is deconstructing how curlique was knitted, since she already figured out how to knit and purl. Your gonna find her in the corner one of these days halfway through her own baby bolero. Like mama like baby!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for finishing culiecue. I admire you for keeping at it. Cashew is just so cute. Look how she's grown! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday.

Necia

1:21 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Wow, I love it!! I love Cashew's expression too... like, "ooh!"

2:08 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Well, if Cashew isn't is awe, I certainly am! it really came out beautifully! She is looking absolutely adorable modeling on it too!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Woo hoo! That is a heck of a lot of knitting and it looks splendid--a worthy backdrop to your lovely young lady!

3:31 PM  
Blogger nicolina said...

yummy. can i have a bite??

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

gorgeous!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ADORABLE on all accounts! sf epn

9:25 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Gorgeous! And the blanket is just as lovely. Thanks for the tip on the swollen fingers. Must get all knitting done before 3rd trimester.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Congrats! It was a mammmoth feat and you did it (we knew you would finish). Cashew is adorable as well!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you finished! It looks just stunning, and she looks very happy to finally get to sprawl out on it. Great work!! :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love it!

5:36 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, it's fantastic! I can't believe it's done. And those two cute things you made (Curlicue and Cashew) look darling together.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Faerynuff said...

Oh, she is so adorable it makes my heart melt!

I love the blanket too. I'm making a pinwheel blanket at the moment and I think a Curlicue one will be next...

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home