Friday, June 08, 2007

June Plan


I have decided that June is a time to challenge myself. Similar to the lesson learned with the self striping sock, I have learned that a lot can get done during nap time. So a little focus, some specific goals, and we'll see what happens. First up, I will be a monotonous knitter. I mean monogamous. Curlicue is my only knitting project, though that wasn't part of the original plan. And that's why I need a plan. I still haven't finished that darn thing. So I figure if I focus on one project at a time, I will get it done ala Penelope. Or I will poke my eyes out with my knitting needles from boredom ala Penelope.


The warp on my loom has started to sag and it looks so sad. So I must find time to weave every week in June. Even if it is just 15 minutes. The project is simple dishtowels.


My crochet project is the Babette Blanket. I don't expect this to be finished in July, but I'm worried that if I don't start it now, it will never get done. I will use it as part of my challenge. Let's see how many squares I can get done by next month.

Also part of the plan - everyday I must do something for the betterment of our apartment. Originally this meant overhaul but I have decided that basic maintenance qualifies. Let's face it, after a diaper blowout which manages to soil clothes, back, belly and hair topped by a good pee which results in heading straight to the bath in which more pee joins the bath water.... emptying the dishwasher and refilling it is considered an overhaul towards the betterment of our apartment.

Progress will be documented on the blog. So far I have knit a bit on Curlicue, sleyed a few more threads through the reed on my loom, and tonight I hope to wind some yarn for Babette. I overhauled the Loom Room to help inspire progress on the June Plan and recently did the laundry. I think Mommy needs a celebratory cocktail!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

nice colors for the babette. once you start them, you'll be on a groove and they'll flow.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Excellent goals. Look forward to hearing your progress. And the colors for the Babette Blanket are gorgeous.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

You can DO IT! It's true, I believe in pounding out those projects before they get b-o-r-i-n-g! Though I don't know how you would ever get bored of all those lovely Babette colors.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I think all mommies need a celebratory cocktail just for making it through another week without ending up in a straight jacket and ribber room.
I can't wait to see the FO shots of curliecue.

9:25 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Celebrate indeed! I like the plan. Three projects is just enough to keep you from boredom but also few enough so you make progress on all of them.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

Cheers!

12:44 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Sometimes just getting up in the morning deserves a celebratory cocktail, I'm glad your goals are far loftier than mine!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I actually took up knitting again when my first child was a baby, just so that I could feel like I had accomplished something, like I had actually finished something.

I laughed at your definition of "overhaul." I remember when my firstborn was an infant and Ann, my co-blogger suggested that a day that I got anything on the to-do list done was a good day. Caring for a baby really is "doing something."

This time is fleeting. Overhauling the apartment will happen.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Watch out - a woman with a plan is a formidible thing. You inspire me to attempt to make a plan...almost :o)

6:37 PM  
Blogger nicolina said...

monogamous knitters unite! but, if we're outside of our zip code, it's not cheating right?

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home