Thursday, June 14, 2007

Me Likey


Have you ever had a project that you enjoyed so much that you actually had to hide it so that the rest of your life could happen?


If I see this yarn out, I can't help but work on a square. I get a little bug eyed and it starts with "but what if I put these colors together..." I have had to hide it so that I can get other things done, like eating, sleeping and feeding the baby. And then one day, after I hid the yarn, I innocently went online to check my email. I just happened upon (eh hem) the Babette Flickr Pool and spent the next hour browsing photos and upgrading my Flickr account to Flickr Pro so that I could document my Babette progress. Because you know, blogging isn't enough.


And I have so many more to go. Yay! Curlicue? Deep into section 13. I swear!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

"Have you ever had a project that you enjoyed so much that you actually had to hide it so that the rest of your life could happen?"

aha!!
just one more sq and that 's it, I can quit any time I want to, honest I can...

looking good! yours are so neat and flat.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Isn't it just wonderful to be that preoccupied with a project? I love projects like that! Your Babette is going to be beautiful, the colors are so beautiful :-)

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh!!! Pretty!! Must resist the lure...Must resist the lure...Must resist....h

7:16 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i love how it's turning out! what yarn are you using again?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Penelope said...

You are at quick-like-a-bunny pace! And they look awesome. Go you!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me likey, too! very much!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

It's a good thing I don't know how to crochet...although I am spending the weekend with mom...I just could come home with the knowledge...

9:06 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

You people(knit bloggers) are really trying to force me to make this blanket. My willpower is dwindling fast. And it doesn't help that a good friend of mine ask me to make her a lap blanket. We'll see how long I can resist.

9:13 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Look at you go! looks like it will be done in no time. The colors are fabulous!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling addicted to a project, sometimes it just feels like you are plodding along working on something because you have to. So when something takes over just enjoy it, but I guess you had better feed the baby, too :-)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home