Saturday, July 28, 2007

Vanilla, Please!


Has a week gone by already? Yeowser. Here's a plain ol' update. Nothing fancy, no humorous story, no puns. Just vanilla blogging. Things have been busy here at Annie's House of Yarn and Diapers. Between house guests, litter box chores and strollercize, there has been some crafty magic, but I tell you my friends. I am tired. Babette has kept me sane. (Sometimes it's nice to have a project that you really have to look at to work on and keeps you from having to keep up conversation.) It's moving along and I have to start working on the bigger squares.


I finished one Sidewinder, and am tinking more than knitting on the second one. But I will finish. The "one yarn discipline at a time" thing is killing me. I really really want to start Blouson. By next weekend, garsh darn it!


One dishtowel down, and working on the second one. I only know one finishing technique for the edges of my dishtowels. I'm not sure how I feel about fringe for this project. I guess I'll find out!

I have also, of course, been Ravelrying. I do a lazy knitters version. I click on 'friends'. Click on 'friends activity' and look at all the projects everyone else has added to their queue's and add them to mine. Y'all have great taste in knitting projects!

More clever analogies of life and yarn to come, and I promise some updated pictures of Cashew! In the meantime, feel free to read how "knitting and purling" found its way into my birth plan.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Wannabe said...

That Plucky Knitter yarn looks pretty knit up. Is that Thistle? Love it.

10:19 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i hear ya. i'm exhausted. the 4-month transition has been really hard. why does my peanut not want to sleep through the night anymore? i have no idea. hope things are better in your homestead!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are great and I can't those squares, I can't stop looking at them!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Seeing your squares laid out together I can tell that Babette is going to be lovely! The sidewinder sock is very nice!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sidewinders look so cool. And your blanket is beautiful, makes me want to learn to crochet.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

I love the colors you've chosen for your Babette, I'm really struggling with not doing this one! And little Cashew is SO cute!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

Go, go, babette!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Cashew on curlique is too cute. Yeah, I just got on to Ravelry (marymary) and just downloaded a bunch of stash photos. One of these days I'll dig up the details on my projects. I finished my Granny Pentagon, so I'll leave the crocheting to you--go Babette!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story is hysterical! You're famous again!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Congratulations on your finished Curlie Cue! And your Babette blanket is going to be just gorgeous, I love the colours you've chosen :-)

10:02 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

House of yarn and diapers, hee hee.

The sidewinder is lovely! Someday I'll get on the ravelry train, and then I won't have any time at all to knit, instead of just almost no time.

8:31 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

ah, yes. perhaps one of the 'secrets' to the success story of 25 years of marriage is having had my knitting with me through countless visits to and from the in-laws. :)

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful towels! I usually make a 10-foot piece of fabric, with contrasting thread every marking the end of each towel (about 30"). After the fabric is washed and dried, I cut them apart, press in a hem (turned up twice), and sew it on the machine. Simple but effective. But hemstitching is SO elegant!

11:25 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

What kind of hem stitch is that.. Looks nice.. What type & kind of loom are you using? I'm contemplating on purchasing a nice one for myself...
thinking of maybe an Ashford...

Love the colors you chosen

the sox looks great!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home