Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Blous On!


Well, I guess I answered my own question. After spitting out all my thoughts about Blouson, I just kept knitting. I made it to the shoulder decreases and started decreasing. I'll save an EZ experiment for an EZ pattern. And at the rate that this project is going, perhaps I will start one sooner than later!

Isn't it funny that when starting a new pattern, there is a section of the brain that starts rewriting before you even really know what's going on? I don't know that my way would have been easier, just different. Maybe that is part of the attraction to knitting - I get to problem solve even when there really isn't a problem.

Better to do that with my knitting than with something else?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

The fabric certainly looks nice. I probably would have knit as is, too, although I'm getting braver about modifying patterns. With this one, I would worry about the blouse style needing the seams to look right, but it's hard to say. Happy knitting!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Man, you are a fast knitter! I won't have to wait too long to see the loveliness...

6:18 PM  
Blogger Code Purl said...

Oh, the mysteries of knitting!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely pattern, and great color you chose. Are you using the called for yarn?

I just bought myself some new EZ books, what an inspiring lady. It's a good exercise to rethink the patterns even if you don't end up making the changes that way you know where you are going.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home