Sunday, August 05, 2007

Shout Out to Sidewinders


Well there you have it. My first (and probably last) sideways sock. I knit these for the Sit 'n' Knit Sidewinders Knitalong. The pattern is Nonaknits Sidewinders: a PerpenSOCKular Pattern. The construction of the sideways sock is fascinating and they fit really well. All the grafting was annoying and I cheated for the leg and did a 3 needle bind off. It was fun to try knitting a sock sideways, but I prefer knitting tubes. It's really as simple as that. I used The Plucky Knitter's sock yarn in "A Thistle" colorway. The yarn was absolutely delightful to knit with. If you are looking for a serious happy place while knitting, I recommend this sock yarn. Super soft yet strong!

It is SO nice to have a finished project. Sure it feels good to put them on without the needles still attached or loose ends crying to be woven in. It's nice to know these will keep my feet toasty in the cooler weather. Yadda yadda. I can now cast on for something new! WOO HOO!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

yeah, the whole grafting thing is what's keeping me from casting on for those socks :) they look great though!

10:03 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Those turned out great!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Those look awesome Annie! Isn't her yarn the best?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Great job -- they're lovely!

11:36 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

the colors unfolded really well. they are nice! but really- monogamous knitting is so not good for you... liberate your creativity.........

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie - the socks are lovely! I am so glad you enjoyed the yarn.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Very nice. I'm glad you stuck with it.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great. I don't know if I would be up for knitting them, but really like the different ones I have seen.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

It's good that all your hard work resulted in such lovely socks! Tubes all the way...

10:37 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

I think they look great!! But I can understand that the grafting would not be much fun.

10:53 PM  
Blogger aija said...

The long striping really looks good! I think I prefer tubes, too... but the sidewinders look so cool I may have to try a pair, someday :)

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home