Monday, January 28, 2008

I Can't Stop Giggling


Georges "Rush" St. Pierre is the #1 ranked welterweight MMA fighter in the world. Today he posed with me and my socks for a picture. Holy crapola!!! Hotty Hubby has become a big fan of the UFC in the last year or so. I saw it as open knitting time. Who would have thought I'd get into it as much as I have? (And it's not just the sweating, shirtless men with ripped abs, honest!) When Hotty Hubby told me that they were shooting GSP for a fashion spread for the magazine and that I could come to the shoot, I was so darn excited. GSP is a brilliant athlete and a high class sportsman. I don't play the star struck bit very often so today the dork factor was fairly high, but considering what a big fan I am and being invited to crash a photo shoot and having a very reputable photographer take a picture of me pretending to knock him out (on film, real print, people!) ... I am getting over my embarrassment. This was just the coolest day ever!

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool!

6:14 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Woah.Were you staring the whole time? You must have been. How could you have helped it, really? I hope you're going to post the knock-out pics, when you get them. This I've got to see.

The best part of that picture? The shit eating grin on your face. :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Um, dude! That's awesome and, WHERE CAN I GET MINE?!?!

I have a story about an ulitmate fighter I met once but this is neither the time nor the place for that particularly freaky story. And no, I don't mean "freaky, bow chica wow wow" I mean "freaky like I'm gonna die." Fun times :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, that is so cool! You look so happy :)

I left something on my blog for you to pick up.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are too cute!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stop giggling either.

10:49 AM  
Blogger tracing said...

Love it! My husband likes to watch UFC so I end up knitting to it too...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Holding the socks = awesome!

Did he put them in a rear naked choke?

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came over from Stephanie's - glad you posted this, it's fantastic! Yep; giggles. And the man doesn't even look nonplussed. Obviously appreciates the finer things!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a good sport he is- you look so excited!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Nice, uh, boxer(s).

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have ever gotten my husband to look at a knitting blog!!! Watching UFC does give plenty of knitting time... there is a fight this weekend, isn't there?? :) Too cool!

6:03 PM  
Blogger mle said...

wow! how cool is that!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I have the same attraction to basketball -- the most beautifully buff men in tank tops and shorts? Hello!!!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is way cool. I also enjoy the
UFC.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! He's a Hottttttty! I see you had to hold your hands together, was this to prevent "accidental" groping? I totally would have "accidentally" checked to see how rock hard his gluts were. :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lola and Ava said...

Oooo so yummy! I've got to admit that we order his last fight with a bunch of friends.

We've starting watching Ultimate Fighter this past year too. I find that it's perfect TV knitting. If things get to bad, I look at the stitches.
-L

8:43 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

yep, still incredibly jealous

12:12 PM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

That is pretty awesome! My boyfriend had the guys over for the fight on Saturday night, and I sat there watching and knitting the whole time...seems kind of ironic, but I'm OK with that.

Smiles,
Erin

5:03 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

LOVE (eleventy billion!!!!)

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home