Friday, March 03, 2006

Just Trying to Move On


Not only am I Jaywalking, I am STREAKING! Ah, the beauty of self-striping yarn (Lorna's Laces). I just can't get rid of the zig zag white spot that is invading. Freak socks.



Several knitters answered my pathetic cries for help with these mittens. I now see the pattern clear as day. Don't you just hate a knitting wall? Couldn't read the pattern to save my life. I am making slow progress, but it's still progress. (Flap-Top Mittens from Handknit Holidays in double stranded alpaca - yah, super toasty.)



And since I am talking about slow moving WIP's, here's the dog sweater that is taking forever. Fiber Trend's Dandy Dog Sweater with mock cables. Karabella yarn in a deep teal. Love the color. Wish I could get it done. Ha. What can I say, I am having more fun watching the freak stripe unfold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

You have some really nic projects going on. That is a persistant streak in your sock, doesn't look bad though. I'm glad the mittens are coming along, they look wonderfully warm and cozy.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Doh! I forgot about alternating the 2 yarns. Thanks1

1:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow - someone visited my blog! Congrats on your gold medal. After reading all about the sock knitting, I'm going to try with two circular needles. I'll have to think about the needle length - 24" does seem a bit excessive for a little sock.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home