Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bonjour!


Bonjour! Voulez vous coucher avec moi? Croissant! Oui oui. Parlez vous en francais? Me neither. But I speak yarn, and I found some at La Droguerie which is a crafty girl's (or boy's) paradise. (Thanks, Hila!) See that little sign on the left side of the picture? Yah, it says "no pictures". Woops. Blame it on the Freedom Fries.


Feeling much love for my new yarn, I took it out for lunch in hopes of getting to know it better.


It was doing much better when I took it to the park.


Heh. The "yarn on tour" jokes never get old, do they? So the bottom yarn is 100% wool in a light, dirty teal, somewhat similar to my yarn that I will be using for my SCJ. It works up at a fairly fine gauge, size us6, so I am thinking of making the Somewhat Cowel, or something like that. The black yarn is bamboo. It is super silky and delicious so that will morph into a scarf for the hunky boyfriend. The lavender is alpaca that I hope to turn into Branching Out or something like that. There was som great yarn in the shop, I was really taken with the cotton, but I couldn't think of anything that I would make for myself. I kept trying to find a color for Green Gable, but it just wasn't happening. Anyhoo, I found some stuff, and it's not sock yarn! They don't seem to be obsessed with socks in this shop, though the beads and jewelry making items seem to be selling like hot cakes.

It's time for another cafe au lait, so I must bid y'all adieu. To my Secret Pal, I will be back on the 15th, and will post the answers to the questionaire asap. Ta ta!

6 Comments:

Blogger lobstah said...

I'm so jealous! Glad you are having a wonderful time!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time in Paris - and you got some new friends to have lunch with and take to the park - sound like the perfect trip :-)

3:04 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

oolala! sounds like someone is haveing FUN!!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

You and that yarn make a lovely couple, or foursome rather. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

3:00 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Ah, le yarn! Tres jolie!

I hope you and the yarn have a lovely time with your cafe au lait :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

welcome back, a-m! i'll have the cascade fixation for you on sunday!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home