Monday, April 17, 2006

Walk, Don't Run


Yay! My Apartment Socks (aka Jaywalkers) are done! I said they would be done by Monday morning and by golly, they are! They're a little tight pulling them on over the heel, but once on they are so comfortable and not at all tight.



Yarn used was Koigu KPPM color P334. Despite using the same dye lot, one sock is darker than the other. Groovey. I used size us2 Addi Turbo's and tweaked the pattern a bit. I was originally worried that they would be too big, so rather than go down in needle size (I'm a tight knitter), I cut the stitches in between increases/decreases to 6 stitches. Then they ended up being just a wee bit tight (the pattern doesn't have much give). I left an extra 2 stitches in the sole part of the foot and the foot fits great. I fudged my way through the toe decrease (pattern is for 4 dpns and at this point my stitch count was different anyway...) The end result - I love these socks. They are very comfortable. I would make Jaywalkers again.

My reward for finishing - I cast on for Mary Snyder's Padded Footlets. Must...finish...other projects...first...

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger chacha / Jen said...

They look great! That's a gorgeous colorway (not that Koigu actually has any hideous colorways, of course).

The more finished Jaywalkers I see, the more I want to make myself a pair. :)

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I really need to get back to my Jaywalkers, oh and Starsky, oh and the fingerless glove I started. Ay yayayaya. Your jaywalkers look awesome.

Necia

10:44 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Gorgeous! These are on my to-knit list. I love how yours turned out.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, the colors look wonderful! Glad they're a perfect fit. :) Aren't those footlets cute? I've been eyeing those myself.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Congrats! It's supposed to hit 100 degrees today:( I may have to switch to all cotton/bamboo projects at this rate. Aaaaargh!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

They look so comfycozy. It's definitely time I got some yarn to make some Jaywalkers!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

They look great! The colors are wonderful and all your tweaking turned out some awsome socks.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

They do look comfy! Love the colors, great job :)

1:08 AM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Oooh funses! Weird that they don't actually match from the same dyelot but neat-o anyhow :D Lookie this sweater...kewt: http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTcinxia.html

11:43 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

They look great, I love the colours in the yarn.

7:18 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

they look fab and Koigu is VERY cozy!!
:-)


doning two at once is the way to go. I did not do it for my Trekking XXL , but wish i did.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home