Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hot Commodity


Now these are a hot commodity. I have a hard time finding Kool-Aid packets. I found these in limited supply at a small grocery store. They only had these flavors and grape. I forgot to buy grape.

I am not usually a fan of bright colors, but I read that if you dye gray wool you get nice earthy tones. I want to try that. So I guess I'll have to get some gray wool, sock yarn perhaps? And since I have recently been inspired to make my own self striping from Aquaknits and Eunny, I just might have to give that a try. Woo hoo!

Yes my friends, more sock yarn. Thank you for your comments yesterday. I am perhaps embarrassed, perhaps proud, that is only half my sock stash. That was the new stuff. Knit Picks Dancing should be arriving today, some Bearfoot will arrive in 4-6 weeks (so much for the website saying it was in stock, harumph). I told Hila I was only going to knit from my stash...as soon as I built it.

What is it with the sock yarn? Well, I was always a 2 skein buyer. I tend to go for smaller projects. The Sunrise Circle Jacket will be a new thing for me. I haven't been buying much yarn in the last couple of months, but then the sock bug hit me. I had recently cleaned out my stash, assessed the space and justified my budget by reminding myself that despite the fact that I pay NYC rent, I don't own a car or maintain a yard. All I have is my stash.

Ok. Obvious deletion of my wardrobe, but just go with me here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

OMG! Is that Earth#2 in the Schaefer Anne? I just got some in the mail last week. Very trippy. Looking into Team Blog options for sock blog.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

P.S. Open the windows when you dye w/KoolAid--the whole apt. will smell like a candy factory!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I buy yarn like nobody's business too. That's why I make so many wearables to compensate for the fact that I dont buy clothes. Annie, I can get you koolaid anytime you ask! I live in the hood, and there's always koolaid there.

Necia

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Can't wait to see your dye results. Weird that Kool Aid is so hard to get in the city, it's everywhere on this side of the Hudson. If you need any other colors, I'd gladly send some along.

2:06 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I'm excited to watch your adventures in dyeing!

The beginnings of your stash are the hardest. Once you get a fair amount of yarn stored up, it becomes easier and easier to justify new purchases :)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home