Tuesday, May 02, 2006

If My Life Was a Self-Striping Sock...


I sure would get a heck of a lot more done. I have no idea where this sock came from. Have any of you seen me work on it? No. It flew off my needles in 4 days. It started with a bad weaving day. I tried to make placemats and they just looked awful. I mean *really bad*. I tried to sew hems, I tried looking at it from different angles, huffing and puffing. Finally, I followed my teacher's advice. I just rolled the pitiful project up and shoved it in the back of a storage bin. My bruised ego needed a project to make me feel smart so I pulled out the self striping sock yarn. I figured some mindless knitting would do the trick.

Holy crap.

I have a sock. A completed sock. One more row. Just til I get to the speckly thingys. Get past the speckly thingys and then I'm back to purple again...

4 days.

And that got me thinking. If only my life were a self-striping sock! One more bag of garbage. One more bill. One more push-up. I'd have more time to knit, a cleaner house, a kick ass butt that could stop traffic.


One more row and I'll get right on it...

9 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Haha! Both socks look great :-)

2:35 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Great socks! I like color changes in yarn...they really do keep you going.

4:01 PM  
Blogger aija said...

If only life was as interesting as that :)

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, tell me about it. (Except for the sock part. I'm not really a sock-knitter. But yours looks very cute!)

11:22 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

love the colors of this self striper. and how about the loot from knitty city?

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great colors! So true when you just keep telling yourself "just a little bit more..." Stripes and color make for great incentive--fast knitting! :)

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie -

If you want to know more about steeks, go to (www)eunnyjang(dot com) - she explains them wonderfully. And you don't need any sewing skills, really, as long as you can basically sew a straight line, you're set!

Mandy

11:36 AM  
Blogger miss ewe said...

LOVE the candy-cane colored sock! What yarn is that!
Unfortunately, if MY life were a self-striping sock, it would languish without forward motion for far too long!!! But good for you!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yarn shop: Chez Florence, 11 rue Dauphine

Gird your lungs for cigarette smoke partout (pas Chez Florence, mais dans les cafes, les restaurants). And dog merds (being a franco-anglo word coming from merde and turd). Still, Paris can have these things and be the loveliest city, non?.....

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home