Friday, April 14, 2006

I Should be Cleaning...


But I'm not. Here it is, my experiment with linen and lace. I don't have a name for it yet, but it is essentially a fleurette coaster. Coaster is my design, and fleurette lace is from A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara G. Walker.


Linen used is Louet Sales Euroflax. Full specs to come, in fact, that coaster in the picture is still damp. The lace was fun to knit, I love knitted hems and I love the depth given to the lace by backing it with a deeper color.


Now I just have to make 3 more...uffda!



Slow progress on the Jaywalkers since the only time I really work on them is when riding the subway. My goal is to finish them this weekend. Yah, by Monday, sure.



I have hardly worked on the baby sweater, though the yarn (Manos Cotton Stria) is lovely to knit with. Priorities. Once the Jaywalkers are done, this sweater will have more of my focus. I'm almost at the arm shaping...should fly...


Speaking of flying, once the loom is dressed (took me 8 hours) weaving is ZOOM ZOOM. I am making 2 placemats, though I think they will turn out rather thin. Maybe they are hand towels. Whatever. I love that I can hem them on the loom. I was planning on machine hemming, and did the hem there by hand just so I wouldn't lose any threads but I like the way it looks so much that I may just keep it like that. We'll see what happens once it is washed and shrinks down a bit.

We are having 2 friends over for brunch on Sunday, so I have to get to cleaning. I just bought a bunch of hollow chocolate bunnies wrapped in foil, HOORAY!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pyewacket said...

Oooo! The lace is beautiful, and I LOVE the color(s) on that baby sweater.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

You have got a lot on at the moment! The coaster is very pretty.

The baby sweater is looking good so far. It's great to see something other than 'traditional' colours.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Lace coasters, place mats...what's next, curtains? I've actually been thinking about some for the yarncave(!). Socks looking good, I'm almost done w/#2. Should get it done during Star Wars V.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

All your work is so pretty! The color you chose for the baby sweater is such a pretty green, and your lace is beautiful.

9:08 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Oh, my, that lace is SO pretty. Are you going to post the stitch pattern?

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home