Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Need a Vacation From My Vacation


No, you're right, that's not much progress. But see those dpn's? They are the wrong size. I forgot that I was making the sweater with us6 and when packing, grabbed my us7's to make the sleeves. Duh. No LYS in sight so I just put it aside for my whole vacation.


Yes I know, I will never get 4 coasters done at this rate. But who wants to focus on knitting linen lace when it's 90 degrees by the pool? It's been a rough winter, let me be.


Now these got most of my airplane time. These are the Padded Footlets from summer 2005 Interweave Knits. I am making them in Lorna's Lace's sock yarn in "Cranberry". I am absolutely fascinated by the pattern. The lace bits are interesting, and the sole is knit with 2 strands. The pattern is written for dpn's but it was fairly easy to translate to circs. (The trick is to put the sole stitches on one needle and put the instep AND the gussets on the other needle, marking the beginning and end of instep with stitch markers.)


The construction of the sock is truly interesting. They have great detail, as you can see here in the heel. And since there is no leg, they are pretty fast to knit. I'm loving them.



Nothing like coming home from vacation to find a box of yarn waiting for you! Before I left I ordered some yarn from Knit Picks. Main Line in "Dusty Lavender" and Shine Worsted in "Terra Cotta". I thought I was over the shrug thing...but then I bought a simple black jersey sun dress. And I thought, hey, I can make a cute somethin' somethin' to wear with it since I'm always cold...or I could make 2 things....and whatever, you all are knitters, you know the rest. I picked up a copy of Options by Margie Morse Pulley and we'll see what comes off the needles.

I haven't had a chance to sit at my loom in quite a while so I'm off to get my weaving fix. Hooray!

(BTW - I signed up for the blogger SP8. My inner child is very happy.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

I love the color of your Padded Footlets. I have been lusting after that color for a while, so it's nice watching you knit it up.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Those socks are quite lovely, and I like the color. I look forward to seeing what you do with the Terra Cotta Shine.

9:48 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love the footlets! The Cranberry is beautiful, and I really like that pattern. Cute.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you've had a nice vacation altought you need a vacation from your vacation :-)
Thank you so much for teaching me the word "butt cushion". For some reason or another, they never taught me words like that in school, and this time I was really struggling. I'm so glad you helped me with this one :-)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

The KP yarn colors are beautiful! Your padded footie looks terrific too. I haven't thought much about that pattern until I saw yours...hmm...my sock knitting urge may have just been reawakened...

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The footlets are turning out lovely! The color really shows the pattern nicely.

1:41 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

Padded Footlets! great for keeping feet warm. They look so cozy. Now you need the country house to go with it! how does one add non-slip stuff for the bottom?

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home