Monday, June 19, 2006

Annie of Green Gable


Yay! My Green Gable is done!

Pattern is from Zephyr Style. I used the yarn it called for - Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. The color I used is Plum Patina. It was a fun knit and pretty fast to make. The stockinette isn't all that boring since there is some simple shaping, plus you can try it on as you go. For more information about my modifications, check out my post on the Green Gable Knitalong.


One small problem...the ribbing at the bottom is too tight. The pattern says to go down 2 needle sizes for the ribbing, but since the sweater is already form fitting, having a tight edge isn't doing me any favors. So thanks to Areli's tutorial, looks like I will be re-knitting the ribbing with larger needles. Hopefully the looser ribbing will work better, I really don't want to go back and add even more waist increases.

Despite this setback, I am very happy with my sweater. (Green Gable counts as a sweater in my book!) In 20+ years of knitting, I have never made myself a sweater. Ok, besides the red, fuzzy acrylic thing I made in the 6th grade with size us15 needles. Boatneck, no sleeves, all garter stitch. Yeowser.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job - it's really cute! I like the color.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Wow--fabulous job, Annie! Fits like a glove and is super flattering. Well done!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It looks great! I'm sure you'll work out the ribbing to your liking.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Green Gable looks fab. I am in love with the plum. Way to go!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was quick! You go girl! The color looks fabo. And, I do think if you went up just 1 needle size even on the ribbing, it would be more to your liking.

Necia

11:49 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

The green gable looks really cute on you. I'm feeling like a complete sheep now that I might just have to join the herd and buy the pattern!

12:37 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Beautiful and so flattering!

12:42 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

that was fast!! it looks like it fits you perfectly and indeed it is very flattering. if you had not mentioned the tight rib, I'd never guess it. it fits nicely in the pix.

1:00 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

It looks terrifc on you! You are giving me FO envy!

1:14 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

How lovely. It looks wonderful on you!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks super! The little mods you made make the fit just perfect. I've seen on the KAL it blocks a bit looser, so block if you haven't yet before deciding on the ribbing, but I think it looks fantastic!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous! i love the colour and it looks realy beautiful on you. it's a shame about the edging but if you can fix it it's better to spend the time doing it. better than being disappointed with it after you put in all that work. x

6:40 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Wow, it looks fabulous - and you look fabulous in it. Well done!!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really great! I love the way it turned out - nice job.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Wow! It looks great. I am with others, I would never be able to guess that the ribbing was to tight. The color is great on you, too. Now, I am getting itchy fingers to start mine!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Congratulations with your first sweater! It looks really great! The colour is just lovely :-)

4:28 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

What a great fit on you! Gorgeous. I love the color you chose, too. So pretty!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Eeeeeeeee that came out BOOOTEEEEFUL!!!! Yay!

5:19 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Of course it counts as a sweater! An amazing, stunning, great-fitting sweater in a beautiful color. Wow.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home