Thursday, June 01, 2006

Take a Hike


In honor of the Trek Along With Me which starts today, I stole a needle from the Padded Footlet and made a swatch. Hooray! Color is 105 and I plan on making a Chevron-type sock as shown in Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. (What a cool book! Highly recommend it.) I will also be trying the "Forethought Heel". Rock on.

In other thoughts....why didn't I think of knitting a lace shawl over the winter months? I totally want one, and how perfect would that be going from 80+ degrees outside to the freezing AC inside? Must knit a season ahead. Duh.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, great colors! What is this freezing a/c you speak of? Ours is barely keeping me from melting into the couch....but a shawl sounds like a nice idea for early fall too.

4:23 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

The gradual color change is very pretty.

4:35 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

love this color!! kind of like a girl blushing... your swtach is so official- I have to try to be more serious about swatching.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Loverly swatch. I am always a season behind.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sock book is amazing; I love mine! I am so impressed you did a swatch for a sock - you are my hero. I must be years behind....

6:45 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Great color!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

NIce swatch! Wow! The colour change is so beautiful and gradual.

7:30 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Your not the only one who now wants a shawl...in the wrong season. LOL

6:38 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Lovely color!

I have a seasonal problem with knitting, too. It's a tough balance. I just made a winter hat. Which means, it'll be ready when winter comes. But I can't use it now! I'm not sure whether to knit summer stuff now when I can wear it right away, or to stockpile for the winter....

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colour is so pretty, I love how it blends so beautifully from one to the other.
x

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home