Monday, May 22, 2006

Doing the Monday Dance


Ah ha! Another project DONE. I feel my focus coming back. These are simple socks made in Lorna's Lace's (Purl's custom colors - brick and cream). I love the yarn, love the color, the stripes are psychotic. The pattern was based on the guidelines from Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I made them shorter on the leg, and they are quite comfortable and cute, despite the wack striping. I think the stripes would look better with a lower cast on number, so maybe I'll try a Nano sock or something, along the lines of what my pal has made here.

I have not cast on anything new! Just been swatching for Green Gable, and trying to finish up these old projects. Ok so I am really avoiding starting over the Padded Footlet, but since I have finished 2 projects in less than a week, my confidence is coming back. I will do my best to finish up that (damn) footlet this week, and hopefully plant my terrace garden AND start a new project by next weekend. Woo hoo hooey!

9 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Fabulous socks!

I've lacked knitting focus lately, too...glad to see yours is coming back to you :)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh! I have that same sock yarn, and the stripes make me nuts too! I've started over with it about 4 times, I can never figure out how to make the stripes look right.
But your socks actually look very cool in the picture, much better than any of my false starts.

1:23 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Neat! I actually like the stripes :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Socks look great! I like how they striped, kind of different than what you usually see.

5:15 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

the socks work!! as a finished pair it all makes sense and falls into place. It inspires me to try the LLS I have!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yay! So glad you got a pair that the striping works out! I love them! Enjoy! :)

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! I like how you worked with the weird stripes, they look perfect!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

The socks look great!
Your American mix beeing mostly Finnish might explain why you have the vocabulary of a sailor (as you told me earlier) ;-)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

i think those socks look great! is that what the kids are saying now, "wack" meaning excellent? (like how "who's bad? means who's good and tough??!)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home