Sunday, June 04, 2006

Fluffy Piggy


Project Knitaway
met to show off our May Challenge projects: Trash = Treasure. So the idea is to pass on your crap yarn, I mean, yarn you no longer feel a connection to, and someone else will make something with it.

And who was I sitting next to at the exchange? My pal over here. And she gave me eyelash yarn. I am not a fan of eyelash yarn. At all.

But somehow I love my Fluffy Piggy.


There is no pattern - I had made Kate before so I followed that structure, but not the exact pattern. My increases and decreases are all over the place, and I switched needles to accomomodate the yarn without the eyelash. Obviously the ears, arms and tail are different as well. She was a fun little knit. I can't tell if she had a bad perm, is playing dress up with a bad tu-tu, or is a cross between a pig and a Pomeranian.

Snort!

12 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

o.m.g. i cannot even believe how adorable that is!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Which just goes to show you that eyelash is not ugly unless you wear it. Such a sweet piggy!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That is the cutest piggy! Great job!

8:44 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

cotton candy ballerina flashing her - eyelashes...
move over dolores...

10:17 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

That is so funny and cute!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! A good use for eyelash yarn.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Your piggy is so cute!! I can't believe you turned eyelash yarn into something so sweet.

4:56 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

That is WAY too cute!! That's the best use of eyelash yarn I've ever seen :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

That pig is just darling. It's things like that that give me a childlike wonder when it comes to knitting.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

She really is sweet :-)

5:43 PM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

So cute! Just when I think "No, I don't need pink eyelash yarn," I see this... and now I'm thinking, "Hmm, maybe I *do* need pink eyelash yarn." :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

The wee piggy is absolutely adorable!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home