Monday, June 26, 2006

Home Again


Yep. Not much for yarn shopping. I went to Stitch, Piece n' Purl in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. It is a cute yarn store filled with lots of cool bits for all sorts of stitching crafts. Alas, they didn't carry any of the stuff I was looking for! (Perhaps this is a good thing. The suitcase only expands so much...) So I got this Mission Falls cotton in a deep pink - I can not, for the life of me, read the color code. I also got a skein in white (color 101). I plan on making some washcloths with these.


And a skein of Classic Elite Spotlight in white (color 6) to make more washcloths. I also got The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie M. Wiseman at 20% off. Hooray!

The store also had a spinning section and I investigated roving and poked at the treadles on a single treadle and a double treadle wheel. Just looking...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Just looking" is how things start! I ended up buying a car that way. *L*

I apologize for not being in touch more, but I've been in the hospital. I haven't forgotten you, however!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

You know I think I have that same shade of pink Mission Falls. I don't know the name either, but it's really pretty.

I've been eyeing The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques, it looks so handy. Let me know what you think of it :-)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Finishing Techniques book is a great reference for cast ons and bind offs too, enjoy it!

So the 'browsing' of the wheels has begun huh? I'll be watching along to see how long you hold out. :)

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home