Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Want a Garden


Reverse-Bloom Flower Washcloths are done! These are a thank you gift for hunky boyfriend's mom and will go in the mail today. She would probably like the chenille version, but I don't have any cotton chenille. If she likes these, maybe I'll make more for Christmas... (I used Mission Falls cotton, us7 needles)


Still no flowers out on the terrace. Finally after 5 weeks of nothing, they chopped up part of the cement yesterday. Of course, they do this the day after we finally win the battle with the blocked door. Management told me that I could expect this project to be done in about a month from now, as long as it doesn't rain.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like managements has jokes, along as it doesn't rain. Who expects it not to rain? Don't feel bad, I want a garden too, and can't find any time between, knitting, sewing, and spinning, and chasing Shai to get one going. Maybe someday.

Necia

10:47 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Ugh. I hope they move quickly on the terrace. How frustrating for you!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Love your cloths!

I hope you get your terrace back soon.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh a whole month to go, and rain in the forcast. I hope time flies and you're enjoying your new terrace before you know it. Maybe knitty's new lilies pattern could cheer you up till it's ready?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy DG said...

Well, you may not have a garden on the terrace yet, but you have a beautiful garden of washcloths. ;-) Thanks for your comment on my blog.

3:07 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Oh Jeez! Well at least the board is off the door. Are you able to sneak out for some sunshine at least? Maybe you will get to enjoy it in the fall - which is one of the best times of year to enjoy the outdoors.

Flowers look great btw.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Eek poor terrace. Poor you. But listen, next time you find a really cool sock yarn club thingie, you'd better TELL me about it...man, it's killing me I can't get that Cala lily yarn LOL WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

9:57 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gee, sorry about your terrace!!

The flower washclothes look great! Trust me the chenille kills your hands..I got 2 skeins of the Mission Falls to try cause of you! ;)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

What neat dish cloths. They would make a great project to take on the go. (Something besides socks!)

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home