Saturday, July 08, 2006

Time Flies


After the holiday, the week seemed short, and I realized that I haven't updated my blog since Sunday. Last night I had a dream that I was traveling to some house to meet up with fellow knitting bloggers. In my dream I met Allison - I knew it was her because I recognized her coffee table (?) and I met AquaKnits whom I recognized because of her nail polish (?). Does this make me odd?

So between dreaming of you all, I have been making progress on some projects, some more than others. Like my gamp up there... I am finally on the variations, but there is another half a page of treddlings to try beyond the page shown there. I'm only managing to get 4-6" done at a time, which in the weaving world means that I am just not sitting for very long. So it's my own dang fault that I am still working on this project.


Of course, a Petals Collection Knitalong was started, and that just got me that much more excited to knit these socks. The pattern is a breeze, the yarn yummy and the colors fascinating. These are colors I would never otherwise choose so I am totally enchanted.


So much so that I had to order more yarn. I kind of wish I had gone for brighter colors, though this is so lovely. Sundara's site is updated again on Monday...


I decided to start another washcloth, but slow going.

And last but not least, Orangina has been resting. I miss working on it and as long as I get my Project Knitaway challenge done, I plan on working on this more this week...

In other news...Hunky Boyfriend was able to knock the board out of our terrace door so we have our terrace back. Of course, I came home later today to find it nailed back in again. The frustration makes me batty.

8 Comments:

Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

oh boy- you are practiculy done with the lili. it looks great. I am back from paris, and after the mountains of laundry- I want to cast on
:-)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

I love the color you chose for your new yarn from Sundara, it's beautiful.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I love your Orangina color. I am little concerned about mine -- it might be too small...

9:56 AM  
Blogger Wendy DG said...

I love the Petals Collection sock. Great work.

10:07 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, the socks are gorgeous!

You know, I've always said that my coffee table is very distinctive :) What a crack up! Isn't it funny what our subconscious will come up with?

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fingernails are honored to be guest-appearing in your dreams? :P

Fast work on the socks, they'r turning out great. So sorry you're still banned from you outdoor sanctuary. I do hope that at least the jackhammers have given it a rest.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

love the petals collection sock!!!! What a fun thing to be a part of...

9:04 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I dreamed about spinning too! I seriously woke up, stumbled into the living room sat down and picked up my drop spindle. :)

This site helped me TONS!: http://www.icanspin.com/
The video on spinning from the fold almost completely fixed my drafting problems.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home