Monday, July 31, 2006

Hooray for Garter Stitch!


The Garter Stitch Cardigan is coming along! I had forgotten what a fun knit it is. Despite all the garter stitch (nice and mindless, just what I need), there is a lot of interesting shaping.


Finishing up the right front, have the left front to go. Next is knitting the band that goes along the inside edges and around the neck, and the bands at the sleeve edges. Yay!


I am totally delighted with a new cast on I tried. It's a crochet cast on to mimic the bind off. As long as I can do it as loosely as what you see there. It leaves a very nice finished edge and I am very happy with it. (It shows the WS in the first picture above, so ignore that edging. This is how it looks on the RS).

I'm off to browse Sundara's yarn shop. I mean knit. I'm off to knit.

7 Comments:

Blogger lomester said...

The color is so pretty!

Are you making it for someone in particular?

The cast on looks great, makes me want to learn how to crochet so I can do stuff like that...

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater seems to be knit in such an interesting way construction-wise. And it is a wonderful color you've chosen for a baby.

12:32 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

nice knit!

2:52 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Garter stitch always looks so nice on small baby garments too! And LOVE the color. That's going to be so cute!

3:41 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, so cute! Okay, that book is going on my list right now. I have to make that garter stitch cardigan!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Honey, your life line says either have a baby or find some nearby. The sweater is charming...I hope the baby is, too!

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great so far. Garter stitch baby cardis are always adorable--and super easy, to boot!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home