Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hooray for Secret Pal!


At last, a package from my Secret Pal! It was filled with lots of yarn, starting with these huge hanks of kid mohair. Brooks Farm Yarn Primero. There is no color number, but it's a beautiful deep salmon color. Hand dyed, yay!


There is also a hank of this variegated version. Salmon, orange and lavendar, lovely. There's a color code type thing on the label and it says SW-M and K24. I have been wanting to knit some lace and now I have the appropriate yarn to do so.


And another fabulous hank of yarn! Bear Mountain Colors in Wilderness. Looking forward to making a yummy pair of socks for the cold winter weather.


There's also "Healing Yew" Knitter's Balm, a notepad, and my favorite - a case for keeping stitch markers and pins. All the little pieces have seperate compartments that snap shut. I love it! (I also really like the beaded marker included.) I am always losing pieces despite keeping them somewhat organized. This is a great addition to my knitting bag!

Thank you so much SP, I love everything!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very welcome. I'm glad that you like the little gifts. It was fun spoiling you...enjoy!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Wendy DG said...

The yarn is gorgeous, and the containers are very crafty!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great package, the yarns are so soft looking! Cool little container too, and the note card is great!

3:04 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

yum, yum, yum delicious! soft and fuzzy, perfect for some of the lace popping up everywhere.
I love little boxes like that.
lucky you!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Oh that yarn looks yummy. I can't wait to see what you knit out of the deep salmon one. I'm jealous

11:25 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Wowie! You lucked out. Lovely gifts.

1:26 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Thatr is a great little case. I like good storage units, too.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Oh, you lucky lucky girl! Small plastic boxes always make me feel better organized. M,M

12:23 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Wow, what an awesome SP you have! That yarn looks just divine!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, you certainly have an awesome Secret Pal! Such goodies you received! That yarn is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see it knitted up by you! Happy knitting!

3:34 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, Mountain Colors! Ooh, Brooks Farm! Lovely, lovely.

11:32 AM  
Blogger lomester said...

OOOHH!! you are so spolied! Hooray for secret pals - they rock!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Oooooh yummy stuff! You will LOVE knitting the Bearfoot sock yarn...delicious! Lucky you!!!

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home