Friday, December 08, 2006

Cold Feet Socks


My latest FO - Cold Feet Socks for my hotty hubby. I started these as a pre-wedding gift. You know, in case he gets cold feet. Of course, I didn't finish them in time for our wedding day, and thankfully his feet were plenty toasty. And they are staying toasty! He wears them almost everyday. (Yep, pulls them out of the laundry.) For a man who usually takes off his socks as soon as he gets in the door and walks around the apartment barefoot, he now reaches for his handknit socks. He just loves how they fit. Bless his hunky heart.


This photo is more accurate color wise. The yarn is a Rhinebeck purchase (of course!). It's Chasing Rainbows sock yarn, and there is no website (of course!). It can be found at Crown Mountain Farms, but I don't see this colorway (of course!). The pattern is my own assortment of bits and pieces of sock making. 2 x 2 ribbing, a little decrease at the ankle, and a Eye of Partridge heel.

I stole these socks early this morning (freshly washed) so I could blog about them. HH walks into the living room, tired and grumpy, "I can't find my socks". Heh heh.

13 Comments:

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Those are gorgeous!!! I don't remember that vendor at Rhinebeck, but of course there were so many vendors there! I'll keep them in mind for next year.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, how cute! It's like when one of my kids gets up and says, "Where's my blankie?!"

:D

Chasing Rainbows is (was?) also sold at the Yarn Tree in Brooklyn. Not sure about the sock yarn tho.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Sounds to me like you need to get knitting on another pair of socks for the hubby!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an excellent name for the socks, even if you didn't give them to him til well after the fact! I think you should write up a pattern and submit it somewhere--the name alone is worth it!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne Marie - I'm so happy the HH loves the cold feet socks! I didn't finish my husband's cold feet socks before the wedding either. :o) Debbie

12:46 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Him pulling the socks out of the laundry really is a big compliment. And they do look great :-)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I love how they came out. Makesme want to go casst on for another pair of socks (I'm already working on 3)

6:16 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

great pattern and cool "guy" colors. recently I knit my son socks and he wants to wear them all the time too, even to sleep... boys will be boys...

10:03 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Beautiful socks, and it's fantastic that he loves them so much! I'm making a pair of socks for hubby for Christmas and hoping he likes them. Hopefully, he won't open the package and say, "Huh. Socks." or something.

4:37 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Oh man! He really loves those socks eh? I can see why too, lovely.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Hubba hubba! Nicely done. And what's on the needles for yourself?

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect socks for a guy. It is hard to find a colorway that works for guys, but I think that does the trick.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Perfect socks, and it's so sweet he loves them so much.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home