Friday, April 27, 2007

Anastasia Socks


I have picked out yarn for my next sock project which is Minty's delightful Anastasia Socks. This is Mocha Rose by Brooklyn Handspun. I think the soft variegation from beige to pink will work well with the pattern.

While I was pregnant, it was hard to imagine this little baby and I had trouble picking out things for her. Obviously with a girl, you can always go for pink, but I was anti everything pink. I didn't want rosebuds and applique. Bright and primary seemed more our speed. Funny how from the day she was born, I have covered her head to toe in pink. Yes, including the pacifier. And everyday her Daddy and I coo at her with baby talk and make absolute idiots out of ourselves. We are loving every minute of it! Our little "WOOPS!" has become a big "WOO HOO!"


So in honor of Anastasia, I will knit these socks out of pink yarn. I actually already made her a little pair of socks from my Brooklyn Handspun. I figure that I will still have enough yardage to complete a pair for myself and a new, matching pair for her. I know only knitters will get the whole "socks in honor of" thing, and trust me, I am still plugging away at Curlicue and have more sweaters and such to come!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

ADORABLE! the best show in tow. who needs movies and theatre when you have a baby...
its a lovely pink. much more sophisticated than baby pink.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

Very pretty in pink!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Code Purl said...

I agree with you on the pink thing-may as well dress her in it while you can. One day she'll be a teenager and only want to wear black anyway!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm honored!! :)

6:15 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

dude, how are you doing any knitting?! :) i'm jealous. i haven't knit a stitch in ages. the peanut is way demanding.

love the pink boppy, by the way.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Bertha said...

Hi!

You don't know me but I've been lurking on your blog for a while. I just had to delurk to say that we had our daughter on 1/31 and we did the EXACT same thing. We didn't find out the sex before she was born, so everything was green and yellow. I swore that even if we had a girl, I would never do pink and only do bright reds and oranges and such...we painted her room a vivid yellow and went with a primary colors farm animal theme...the minute she was born we started dressing her head to toe in pink, at all times. I've already redone her room in daisies. I just bought a pink stroller. It's like some kind of horrible disease, and I can't stop! Even all the yarn I am buying now is pink, thinking I'll make something for her with it! Ahhhhh!

Anyway, your baby is gorgeous, congratulations!

~Bertha
http://karmakitties.com

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

LOL--every girlmom I know is anti-pink until the bay arrives. As a boymom, it's up to me to wear the hottest pink I can find to counteract the black and camo prints. LOVE the mommy and me socks!

10:02 PM  
Blogger mle said...

She's soooo adorable!

10:16 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

LOL! I could see me doing the same thing. But that Mocha rose from brooklyn handspun is such a pretty colour, even I (anti pink me) couldn't resist it.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

How come one section of the curlicue has a red edge? Is that a provisional cast-on?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

She's just so adorable in pink!! I about died of cuteness when you put up the picture of her in the tulip bib.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! It's amazing how deeply you fall in love with your children, isn't it. And she looks lovely in pink, she is so sweet and feminine.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OO OO OO!! The Anastasia socks are my FAVORITES! The pattern is great and she has other great patterns too. That baby is just too adorable!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home