Saturday, March 03, 2007

Still Knitting


At last, some knitting progress. I love these socks! The Schaefer Anne is delicious. I absolutely love the colors. The pattern is entertaining and easy to memorize. My hands can handle this project more than the Curlicue. (Curlicue feels like knitting with turkey basters and rough twine, ugh.) The only problem with these socks is that I think my gauge is a little loose, probably due to my pregger fingers. They seem to fit my pregger feet, and my feet are currently having issues fitting into a size 8 shoe. Normally I am a 6.5! Post pregnancy I figure I'll be a size 7... probably could have knit these socks with a size 0 needle. But I'm at the point of no return. So maybe they will be a little big. Maybe a handwash in hot water will do the trick? *Gulp*

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Operakatz said...

Yay Falling Leaves! I really like that pattern and yea I think a hot water bath will maybe shrink them down a weeee bit :D

10:08 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

they look lovely. just switch to 0 now. I am big on improvising.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

They are really lovely, but... the hot bath makes me a little nervous.

3:31 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Pretty looking socks. Hope the bath works.

3:41 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

you've inspired me to cast on for some socks for the end of my pregnancy! i hope that i can get them done before the baby comes :)

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the hot bath as well!! And for the socks too!! HEHE

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that I'd drop to a 0, per Hila's suggestion, but I would be concerned about fit. I hope hot water shrinks but does not felt them for you :) They look great!

9:12 PM  
Blogger nicolina said...

oh so pretty...

post-preg feet = new size = shoe shopping!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home