Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Feet are BACK


Falling Leaves are done! Schaefer Anne yarn, size us1 needles. Two at once using magic loop.


These were my first toe-up socks and my first go at a short row heel. I dig it! As I had suspected, they are just a hair too big, but I have decided not to care about it. They are very comfortable and I love the way the yarn knit up for this pattern.


A couple nights ago, I sat at my computer with my sock and learned how to do a tubular bind off. (Savannahchick has GREAT instructions here.) While fussing over it, I had an AIM conversation with my pal Nancy. 3/4 way through the finish, she informs me of an easier way to achieve a stretchy bind off for a toe up sock. "M1 every other stitch and then just bind off!" UGH! Would have been so much easier, but then we both agreed that a tubular bind off is quite pretty and Schaefer Anne is worthy of it. So for you Nancy, I include a close up of my tubular bind off.


My feet aren't swollen anymore and they aren't hidden by my belly. Yippee yahoo yah! Next up, a set of "Mommy and Me" Anastasia socks by Minty! (Yah, yah, still working on the Curlicue, too.)

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Nikkiana said...

Those are beautiful! Nice job! I love your yarn choice! :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

great socks! first FO as mom! I like the cast off. it looks very pro. lovely colors. they look super cosy!
mommy and me socks- cute!

6:54 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Very pretty socks! I have never tried a tubular bindoff before but it does look very professional.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Yay, they look great! and yea, the tubular troubles were worth it! LOL

11:18 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I can just imagine how soft those socks are. They look great. Thanks for the tubular bind off tip. Ya learn something new everyday.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Isn't the yarn heavenly? I just finished Pomotamus with it, and now I know what to do with my second skein!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I love Schaeffer Anne so much, I cannot fathom putting it on my feet.

Until now. Pretty!

9:40 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

I molested some skeins of Schaeffer Anne yesterday at downtown yarns- FUN! But I didn't buy any due to my current obsession with trekking XXL. Now your socks are making me think I should perhaps shift the focus of my obseesions...

Plus, more baby pictures!! thank you :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Nice use of schaefer anne! :)

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't feel great to see your toes again? The socks are lovely.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look just beautiful!! Congrats on your toe-ups AND short row heels, I feel like I'm falling behind in the sock skills!

How perfect to have socks named especially for your new daughter, can't wait to see them!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

Beautiful! How perfect that once you can actually see your feet you see that they are covered in beautifully hand knit socks!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Isn't it great to feel closer to your normal self again? I got a huge rush for weeks after my daughter was born because I was no longer the size of Texas. I think Minty's pattern is a fitting choice! I've never achieved satisfactory results with toe-up sock bind off. I've tried tubular, EZ's method but the m1 sounds promising! I might rip out a binding on some I don't like just to see how if it works!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Three cheers for 2 socks! Now, I really must dig up my Schaefer Anne and ponder.

7:50 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, lovely. I must learn to do that two socks at once thing.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home