Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Rockin' Celebration


When I look at this yarn, I think of the word covet. Socks That Rock have been the definition of covet for about a year. I don't know why it has taken me this long to get my hands on some. Perhaps it's because I know this stuff is knitting crack. Geez, my first purchase is 5 skeins. Not one skein, FIVE. But it was my birthday and a little more yarn rammed into my stash pile is better than drugs. Not that I was considering anything more addictive than yarn, but you know what I'm sayin'.


So from left to right, colorways are Downpour, Puck's Mischief, Lunasea, Scottish Highlands and Covelite. All in lightweight. Art direction by Hotty Hubby.

I have come up with a plan for June. It will help me get going on weaving, knitting and crochet projects. Yes, many projects. Big ones. For Mother's Day, Hotty Hubby got me the yarn for this. What a guy!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

Rock on!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

In preschool last week, my son was being taught some sign language, and was taught the sign for "I love you."

He responded, "that also means 'Rock On!' "

9:02 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Don't say I didn't warn you! I'll hold you a spot at the Fold booth at Rhinebeck. You just let me know what colors you want and I'll snatch 'em up for you.

9:10 PM  
Blogger nicolina said...

man buying yarn for his love? where ARE these men? they don't truly exist. did you grow him? hmm...

9:27 PM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Yes, um can your hot hubby call mine? LOL!

Happy First Mama's Day!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Yee-ha! That is some good (yarn) lovin!

11:13 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

That's a beautiful story with a lot of holidays in one calendar year. Will check back on your progress with teh baby shrug as I've had my eye on that one for a while.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful yarns, you've chosen really beautiful colorways (though really aren't they all?). Happy Birthday, and Happy Mother's Day!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

rocking on! wow. drool drool drool. I'll be back L8R after I get a tissue........
can't wait to see the koigu!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Beautiful yarn! Yarn for Babette? You've definitively married the right man! I've started on Babette too. I thought I was going to use yarn from my stash, but realized I'd only come up with yet another excuse for buying more :-)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous yarns- I really like knitting with it- I bet you will too...
And happy belated birthday!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Mmmm...Socks that Rock....I can't wait to see what you do with the yummy colors!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home