Saturday, September 15, 2007

Blouson is On!


Well there it is. My Rhinebeck sweater. 1824 Blouson by Mari Lynn Patrick from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. Knit with Cascade 220 The Heathers, color 9450. I LOVE this color. Unfortunately the lighting in my apartment was not cooperating this morning and it looks more gray and washed out then it actually is. I can't fire my photographer because I'm married to him and he's the only other person in our house who can hold a camera without chewing it and drooling all over it.

For the most part, I am happy with this sweater. I even like the reverse stockinette! This pattern was easy to knit yet not boring because of the interesting finishing details. (My pleat tutorial is here.) My woulda, shoulda, coulda would be the size. I don't knit a lot of sweaters for myself, so I was fudging my size vs ease. I knit the smallest size which measures a 34" bust. I learned the hard way that the drape is not built in to the pattern. You have to knit up a size to get the drape. You can see more information about that here. (Wish this info been posted earlier!) If I could do it over, (and I probably won't) I would knit the next size up. I love the blouse effect of this sweater. I love how the sleeves turned out, but the waist isn't blousey. I blocked the hell out of it, but that just flattened the pleats, so there is not much of a blouse effect at all. Maybe when my boobs go back to pre-breast feeding size, there will be more blouse in my Blouson.

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

Blogger schrodinger said...

It's fabulous, I love it on you!!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, it's not blouse-y, but it looks really awesome. what a perfect fit!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

very cool!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie - It's adorable on you! Love it!

6:09 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

it's great. i love the reverse stockinette as well :)

god, i hope my boobs go back to pre-breastfeeding size as well.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Love LOVE it.
The sleeves especially!
I would have never thought it should be more blous-y.
MOM

8:38 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Looks lovely! Go you!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I'm so jealous that you finished your Rhinebeck sweater. I'm not even half way done with mine yet , argghhhh!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Very, very cute! You are one hot mama.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Shameka said...

I think the sweater is a great fit on you. I like it alot.

Waiting patiently for the stork so I can have a chance to experience the breastfeeding-size boobage. Hmmm... wait... gotta find the perfect daddy first, huh? Ya think? LOL!! In the meantime, I will teach my GOD-daughters how to knit.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. How the hell did you get so skinny so fast? Psssh.

10:14 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, I think it turned out great!! I love the sleeves...they're the perfect length!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i go on holiday and miss contests, weaving, and finished things! i love the blouson; it looks fab in that colour and the pleats are very, very cool. plus, reverse stocking stitch is so beautiful! well done, annie!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That looks fantastic! Beautiful drape, well done!

6:17 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

What a beautiful sweater!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Will be at Rhinebeck as well...hope to see you!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

It looks smashing on you, blousy or not. It is very "now," what with pleats and gathers being all the rage!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

It's beautiful (even if your waist isn't blousey)! Fantastic job!

6:00 PM  
Blogger mames said...

very nice...i love the sweater. i have found my post-breastfeeding size to be quite different...can't decide if i like 'em or not, but they certainly are different. good on you for finishing a sweater with a new baby around, i am extremely impressed.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Live in it a bit--it may relax on its own. (Carrying a baby around will 'block' it in special ways) Nicely done!

8:46 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Looks Fantastic on you!

10:37 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Great sweater. I NEVER would have thought to make that one but now I am a teeny bit tempted. Thanks for the link to the KnittingDaily article. The gallery and tips on ease were really interesting.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Code Purl said...

Congrats! It looks good in the pic and when I saw the color in person it was a really nice shade of green. Now if only Julian could finish his sweater in time for Rhinebeck!

12:49 PM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Ooh, pretty! I like yours much better than the one on the Interweave site. It's much more polished and not-inside-out looking than the sample one!

2:16 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

i looovvee the color. it fits you absolutely perfect too!

2:38 PM  
Blogger nicolina said...

totally awesome and flattering. can't wait to see you sporting it at Rhinebeck.

1:03 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Very pretty sweater! Despite the size issue, I think it looks lovely on you anyway.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home