Friday, August 31, 2007

Contest Results

"It has raisins in it. You like raisins."

For the 1000 yards of Brook's Farm Primero, contestants had to quote the movie Better Off Dead. Hilarious! 33 names were entered into the hat. (Wow!) Most common quote was of course, "TWO DOLLARS!" Some of my favorites: "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn!" "Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky" "This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?!?" "Now that's a real shame, folks throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that." Most obscure quote came from Jesse: "I've been going to this high school for 7 1/2 years. I'm no dummy. I know high school girls." Rock on!

And now the moment you have been waiting for...the name drawn by Hotty Hubby (with his eyes closed) was Chemgrrl! (no blog listed) Congratulations! You be getting yarn.

"I like to party so I like my Jesus to party."

For the 500 yards of Brook's Farm variegated Primero, contestants had to quote the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Again, hilarious! 23 names were collected for the drawing. Interesting, I thought this movie would be easier for people to quote, but Better Off Dead proved popular. (Or maybe it was the yarn?) Most popular quote, "Shake and Bake" and "If you ain't first, you're last", of course. My favorites: "Hi, my name's Ricky Bobby. If you don't chew Big Red then f*ck you!" "If we wanted wussy boys we would have named them Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman!" "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" "I don't know what to do with my hands." "Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces baby Jesus, new born, not even spoken a word yet..." Could go on and on...but I won't... Quote that made me laugh the most was from Lori: "Dear Lord baby Jesus we thank you so much for the bountiful harvest of Domino's, KFC and always delicious Taco Bell."

And now to the big winner ....Hotty Hubby drew Jesse! Congratulations! Yarn is coming your way, hooray!

If you have yet to see either movie and need a couple of laughs, well you know what to do.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

GREAT contest! I've been laughing thinking about both movies, I really need to watch them both again!!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad and I laughed Out Loud reading the quotes. Now, we have to see the movies.
WE LOVE YOUR BLOG! Especially when they have pics of lil Sweetie Pie.
You should be PUBLISHED! : )
MOM

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

OMG!!! I WON!!! I'm so happy!!! Tell Hotty Hubby thanks a million!!!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home