Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fiber Filled


This weekend was filled with all sorts of fiber fun. I had a lovely time at the Spin-Out in Central Park. Chante sat me down at her wheel and taught me how to spin. Above is a picture of my very first handspun on a wheel. Not bad huh? Pretty good for a beginner. Too bad Chante is not that great of a spinner because that blob on the left is embarrassing. *snort*

All you enablers, I know practice will make it better, but I'll stick to knitting the yarn you spin. I don't see a wheel in my future. But I did invite Chante to sit down at my loom and have a go.


And speaking on knitting while others spin, Sit 'n' Knit met up as well. I am making Cashew her own Rhinebeck sweater using Manos del Uruguay Cotton Stria and the good ol' Placket-Neck Pullover from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.


And upon returning home, I wove a couple more placemats. A good day, indeed!

3 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

wow, what a great weekend! i'm so jealous that you and the cashew are going to rhinebeck. the peanut just cannot hang lately. she lives for her naps and won't take them in the stroller when i want her to.. and will when i don't want her to! and she's afraid of strangers! rhinebeck just wouldn't work out for us.

have a great time!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

LOL. I'd better start working harder on my spinning.

Make sure you leave some apple cider doghnuts for the rest of us at Rhinebeck OK.

10:53 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I have a belated chuckle for you! I'm behind on my commenting :) It's actually sort of nice to see a knitter who doesn't try spinning once and produce gorgeous yarn. I do love reading about other people's masterful spinning, but it's nice I'm not the only one not to jump in!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home