Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Get It? Got It! Good.


I have finally moved on. After asking the same questions over and over again, I walked away from the loom for a couple of days. I stopped thinking about the two threads per end thing. And then this past weekend I sat down at my loom and began to thread. There are two threads per warp end and I am going to thread them as singles.

The grand revelation? It works just the same.

So all you experienced weavers out there who are wondering with furrowed brow what to do when you come across two threads per warp end and you only need one and are utterly confused by this little dilemma - you can measure your warp with "two ends in hand". It doesn't mess up the cross, it doesn't mess up the shed. In fact, it can make things go more quickly. So pluck that little tip from the Annie Tree of Knowledge and finally get a good nights sleep. If you need any more help, just let me know. I'm here for you.

The poppana? Eh. I decided not to use it and instead am making placemats using Nashua Ecologie Cotton in various colorways. I'm loving this project now!

And for all my knitting buddies that got a headache from all this weaving speak...


Thanks for commenting anyway!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I needed the laugh! its better than pills. :-)
glad you are fit to be sq! it will be fun.
:-)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Walking away really does help! I can't wait to see the placemats.

10:38 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

er... okay, whatever you say :) Glad you got it figured out.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Your welcome:-)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you say so, hon! I so want to learn to weave, but talk like that actually intimidates me. I'm all analytical and love nitpicky stuff, so I don't know that once I understood it I'd find it so scary, but I must say this post is frightening!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Whenever I see your loom I think of my wee knitter's loom in the closet--and I get a little twitchy.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

This was an interesting series of posts. I don't speak Finnish and didn't know what your weaving draft was, but I love the way you contemplated the problem and then pressed on with your solution. Good for you! This is my kind of learning; by doing. The weaving of it is lovely and your selvedges are great!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

I got my ravelry invite today! I'm so happy! Would you be a doll and check me out? I'm KnitWize over there also.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home