Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spring is in the Air


A friend of mine had a baby girl February 1st. I thought it was very fitting to make her little bundle of joy the February Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann. The sweater sized out to be about 6 months which will be perfect for walks in the park in the spring.


The pattern was pretty easy to follow once you get the hang of the EZ way to do things. My only modifications were to put three buttons on the yoke and to knit the arms in the round. Otherwise I followed the pattern. Well, as much as the pattern was written! The yarn is Rowan Wool Cotton and the buttons are from Tender Buttons.


My friend is a wedding dress stylist. Fabrics and textures and all the details that go with them are her thing, so it was much fun for me to work on something so detail oriented. It was beyond the knitting for this one. The dress, the shoes...


Nothing is ever too pink when it comes to baby girls, me thinks! This is probably one of my favorite baby gifts yet. I just may have to make a February Sweater for Cashew. She's grown out of all her sweaters. What's a knitter to do?!?

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh man! My ovaries just leaped from my body and tried to attack my computer screen. I have a *huge* mess to clean up now.

Sigh. I so want an excuse to knit one of those. And the shoes! Crap. My SIL better have another girl, that's all I'm saying.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

So beautiful! This makes me want a baby girl.

5:33 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Oh that is just too sweet!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is really precious! I am sure it will be long cherished.

6:43 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

adorable!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a pair of those shoes for ME!! Lovely Feb Sweater, Anne-Marie!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Rima said...

That is super beautiful!

2:45 AM  
Blogger lamone said...

the sweater is beautiful, really super beautiful! saludos.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

How adorable.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little outfit, the sweater is so cute.

5:14 PM  
Blogger mames said...

that outfit is totally worthy of a wedding stylist, she is going to love it. i am thinking i must make one for my sister and her baby girl to be...i love knitting girly things, almost more than the by stuff i have (shhh, don't tell the beans.)(like they care, all they want to do is chew on the knitties).

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Off to knitting baby things...

7:34 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, my gosh, that is CUTE! Wow.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

That sweater, and dress, and shoes (sooo cute!) definitely have me hoping for another little girl!
Fabulous job- it turn out simply beautiful.

Happy knitting-
ali

4:31 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a gorgeous gift for your friend's daughter. The shoes are adorable too.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

The sweater is lovely, and what a pretty combination with the dress and shoes!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest little outfit! Lucky girl!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Yep, my ovaries clinched as well, but the dish towels really hit me where I live. They're lovely, practical and well-made. You're on a roll!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

That is super cute. I love pink.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This outfit is absolutely adorable!

12:18 PM  
Blogger picperfic said...

so very cute, all of it!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home