Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Dish of Towels


I knew I couldn't go to dinner empty handed. So I packed a dish with towels cuz honey, I don't cook. Ha! I finally gave my friends their wedding present. They opened the box and saw the towels and said "Oh great, we need these!" and then I got to say those words that are always such fun for us DIY crafty types..."I made them." The look of surprise and delight was worth all the drama. They promised that they would use them until they were ratty and worn. Considering how huge they are (33" x 22"! They didn't quite shrink as much as the pattern said they would.) I think they will be good for throwing on the floor to mop up spills and splashes. Hooray!


Ultimately I am very pleased with how they came out. I really thought that my warping issues made this a doomed project. In the end I was able to make 3 lovely towels with only a dash of wabi-sabi. There were supposed to be 4 towels but the rewinding of the warp ate up some length.

One of my New Year's Resolution's is to never let my loom be empty for more than a week. It looks like we are finally moving and I have restarted the process of organizing our things. Time is tight but my goal is to crank out at least one small project before the loom has to be packed up. Perhaps a scarf for me...

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Those towels look wonderful! You know, if you had made the fourth one they wouldn't have fit into that pan so well!

Good luck with the move!

4:53 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

they look great! what a cool present!.

6:43 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

what truly wonderful presents :) i adore them!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your towels are great, how cool you made them with your own hands.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

They look so beautiful together in that dish!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Moving? How exciting! The towels are gorgeous! :)

11:34 PM  
Blogger kris said...

love the dishtowels! so cool!

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great! Bigger towels are definitely better...at least for my messes they are!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the dish towels in the casserole! and yay to hear you're finally going to move.

10:11 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Pretty! I so miss weaving. Sadly, it's not really an option for someone who lives in a 750 sq ft house...

You're moving? To Southern Indiana, right? It's where all the cool kids live.

10:51 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Congrats on the finally moving!! Can't wait for the housewarming party :)

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so nice and thoughtful too!

2:20 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

What a fantastic idea for a gift. Your friends must have been suitably impressed that you made them - I know I am.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

WOW. Those are gorgeous.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I came over from octopus' blog. I am also a knitter, but know nothing about looming. Those dish towels are absolutely gorgeous! I'm envious!

8:01 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, what a cool present! They look great.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home