Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm Knitting My Apartment


Love!


I still can't start my Koigu socks, despite the fact that I finished ONE mitten. Not only do I have the other mitten to finish, I have my challenge for Project Knitaway. Knit Knit Knit Knit Knit Knit Knit Knit.



It's the mitten's fault!



Hello lover.

Yesterday I participated in a charity knitting event for Project Sunshine. It was held at a yarn store, and the owner graciously gave us a 10% discount on anything in the store for that day. I graciously accepted the discount. This is Lorna's Lace's shepard sock yarn in cranberry.



Artyarns Ultramerino4, handpainted and yummy. The orange is a burnt orange with hints of pink. I can't wait to make socks. The green is a bit brighter than what shows in the picture.



Well look at that! I knew there was a reason those two colors popped out at me at the yarn store.



Habu Textiles 2/48 merino. Very delicate. Knit with it? Nah. I hope to use it with this:



My Leclerc floor loom is in place and almost ready to go. I still have to attach the treddles. Oh, and I have to learn how to weave.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe you have a loom in your apt! I'm so jealous! Even more, it looks like it belongs there! Not even out of place, lol. I want to knit me some pillows really bad and the floor cushions from LMKG but that is so far on my to do list. Hmn. Great choice with the sock yarn. I love the colors you chose. Do you have a pattern in mind?

Necia

11:05 AM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

I love that your Koigu coordinates so nicely with your apartment!

Your loom looks gorgeous. (I say this knowing nothing about looms or weaving...) Hope you have tons of fun with it and make oodles of pretty things. :)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

So many pretty yarns! It's funny how we gravitate to certain colors. A loom! That is so cool!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ooh, weaving! Looks like so much fun, and your loom is quite the temptress...

Thanks for the kudos on my socks. I see you're amassing quite a bit of lust for that Koigu... I think I have that colorway too, so I completely understand it. That stuff is so beautiful!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home