Monday, March 06, 2006

My Cheese on the Hamster Wheel


Oh yum. Koigu. For socks that I will make someday. I have decided to re-try the Jaywalkers with this delicious yarn. I'll have to fiddle with the gauge and pattern a bit, but you know, this is New York. I'll call them "Jayrunners" instead of "Jaywalkers". I can't start them until I finish the Flap-Top mittens. I simply can't be distracted by any other projects. So I work with the Koigu staring at me, my cheese on the hamster wheel.


And speaking of Flap-Top mittens, isn't this taupe Karabella Aurora yummy? These will be *my* Flap-Top mittens, once I finish the other pair, and the socks as reward for finishing, and the dog sweater....lovely mittens for me for midsummer. Fantastic!


Oh, those Flap-Top mittens I am working so hard to finish...I had to start over. The alpaca was just too much. They were turning out like oven mitts and it just wasn't right. They are being made on consignment and I want them DONE! So I switched to Karabella Aurora and am plodding along. In the end I think this is better. Alpaca is quite offensive smelling when wet.


Say adieu to the Jaystreakers. They just make me angry. Some have written that they like the streak. I really don't. I just love this yarn and I don't see the point in continuing to quarrel with it. So I have decided to frog and save for a different pattern that works with this not quite variegated, not quite self striping yarn. They may end up just knit knit knit in the round. I'll hold out a little longer to see if a different pattern surfaces that works well with Lorna's Laces. *Sigh*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,
That Koigu looks yummy. I plan on tackling jaywalkers soon too. Did you get that yarn from Purl? Are you going to use the dpn's or magic loop them?

Necia

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That is a very odd streak. It would drive me nuts too--definitely better to find a different pattern for the yarn.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

The Koigu looks wonderful, it must be making your mittens feel like they are taking forever. I like the colors you chose for your mittens, nice and neutral, they will go with anything.

8:17 PM  
Blogger YarnThrower said...

Better to rip now than to finish them and decide you don't like it. (Wise words from a yarn store owner who taught me some finishing techniques -- she said, "As soon as you start questioning it....re-do it".) Bummer, because without the stripe, I thought they were pretty cute.

What fun yarn you have!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I love that Koigu!! Hope it works out better for your jaywalkers/runners! Too bad about the LL's though! Thanks for the warning though, may use another yarn for mine...

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home