Friday, March 24, 2006

Ketchup!


Ah yes, it's been a busy week. I've decided that today is my Catch Up Online Day, as well as Catch Up On My Weaving Day, and Maybe Throw In a Little Knitting Day.



I am loving my Jaywalker socks. My first attempt with this Koigu (love!) produced a sock that seemed a little wide. Rather than go down in needle size (I knit tight so I was using a size us2 instead of the us1) I decided to cast on 68 stitches instead of the required 76.

Well attempt #2 produced a sock that seems the right size, and then I tried to yank them over my heel. @#$%! They are just a tad tight, and the ribbing is loose! I don't want to unravel them AGAIN. So I think I'll keep going and try to block them a little wider. It seems like they will give a little bit with some work. I mean, it's not like they are cutting off my circulation, I just have to give a good tug when pulling them off. I have been having the worst luck with Jaywalkers.



My knitting group is still plugging away at a block blanket for Project Linus. 64 squares down, 32 to go! Boy, that's gonna be fun to put together.

Ok, so here's what's coming up. I'm going to make a baby sweater for a friend's baby out of this:




Manos Cotton Stria in color 203 (green). I'll be making the Child's Placket-Neck Sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. This has to be done by early May. I also want to make my Frost Flowers project (previous post) and have that done by my birthday in early May.

Then I hope to make the Falling Leaves socks and that has to be done by end of May. I have another baby something that has to be finished by early August.

And somehow I want to fit in there the Sunrise Circle Jacket. I saw the Sunrise Circle Jacket Knitalong....and then Mary said she was making it, and then my friend Rachel said she liked it too (Hi Hoover! Come on, you know you wanna make it!) So yesterday I had to stop by one of my yarn spots, I figured that if I saw some yarn that was screaming "SUNRISE!", I would get it and make the jacket. Well, I found perfect yarn. Cascade 220 in this dirty light tealish color. I didn't even hem and haw too much (well, once I found that yarn). It goes with my new purse (very important) and goes with my style and colors I like to wear (hello, screaming "SUNRISE!") They even had the toggle buttons. So I decided I would make it. 4 skeins please!

They only had 3.

Is there a word that explains my disapointment and frustration? I don't know. I just don't know. Instead of sneaking away and ordering it online, I am waiting for the store to get another shipment of it. That gives me 2 weeks to finish up/make progress with/ditch other projects.

knit knit knit knit knit knit knit.

This post is terribly long. This is what happens when one doesn't post often. And this information is incredibly important too, heaven forbid I edit. Blessings to all of you who actually read all of this. It's 9:38am on a Friday, who's got the hooch?

Weaving updates over the weekend....gotta weave something first...

8 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

You have the errata for the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover, right? It's here. As someone who tried to make it with the book's instructions, I'm always trying to save other people the pain :) It'll be adorable in the cotton stria!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yes, I do have it, thanks for the reminder! :-)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Seems like a lot of people are having sizing problems with Jaywalkers. Love, love love the colors on it! What beautiful yarn.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Your koigu is the most beeyewtiful color! Yum yum. You have a nice little knitting lineup. I like the yarn you chose for the placket sweater.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Ah, you've caught Sunrise fever! Well, I just ordered some Koigu for socks, so we're even. I'm not sure about Jaywalkers. They look great but maybe a little tough for this sock newbie. How's the oak tree, uhm, loom?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

The cotton stria looks very yummy. I can't wait to see how the sweater will look. I've been contemplating the Sunrise jacket too...especially since it can be made for so little money with either Casacde or KP wool of the andes. I'm looking forward to seeing your yarn choice. Hope the order comes in soon. :)
Also, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving those lovely comments!

4:02 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

reading blogs is a fll time job now! who knew?
ya for Project Linus! and thank god for knitters!
:-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

Isn't Koigu the yummiest?

Just beware...chevron socks aren't stretchy :D

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home