Monday, March 20, 2006

Where Are the @#$% Tulips?


It's March, it's cold, I want Spring.

(What a crank!)

This is a swatch of Frost Flowers Lace made with Louet Sales Euroflax. This isthe result of the March challenge for Project Knitaway. The theme was "Spring", so I made a swatch of lace for an idea I have for my outdoor table. This is actually my first real attempt at knitting lace. I enjoyed it, though linen can be challenging to work with. It drapes beautifully and is such an interesting texture. I want to finish this project, just as soon as I get momentum with my Koigu socks....I'll cast on....

6 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

You're not the only one! We just had snow in Wisconsin a few days ago, and the trees are barely starting to bud.

Beautiful lace!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Pretty! I really like the color, it's a different shade of green than I usually see.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, its beautiful. What cha gonna make? I do think the color is great but the name, the name of the pattern has the word "frost"in it. Maybe that's why there are no *@$# tulips.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Gorgeous pattern - and great color! Can't wait to see more of it!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

We're having our allotted 5 days of spring before 100 degree summer sets in. hey, thanks for the msgs. You are so butch! I have this weenie Ashford knitter's loom still in the box and you an OAK tree in your apt. Um, what are you going to do with your woven stuff? I have visions of making money but fear that I'll be wearing lots of dirndl skirts next fall. And Hildes button--cool!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in NJ, and I agree, I want my 70 degress already! Beautiful swatch, and what a unique idea to use lace for an outdoor table, can't wait to see more!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home